The Owners - FSG

They must have heard us moaning about them on TAN.
I can see the Qataries offering mega billions to FSG!

So they don’t have to buy Bellingham. :grinning:

My thinking is that this is tied to the failure of the Super League project. They can’t turn decent profits whilst competing against state owned clubs so the best way to realise the club’s value is to sell up.

I’m guessing that they would be realistically looking a 1000% return on investment.

7 Likes

Yes, you get the feeling the clubs value would only diminish from now with a 2 year recession incoming… So the time is right for business men to make their biggest ROI.

With Newcastle and Chelsea both having owners who will spend obsence levels of cash you get the impression that our model will no longer work. Continued champions league football was a big part of our revenues and allowed us to maintain a wage structure at the very top and now we have a mini-rebuild needed and the prices being banded about they know they’ve reached their limit.

3 Likes

Good news I think.

Depends who we get as owners, I for one would be very unhappy becoming a sportswashing vehicle.

17 Likes

I think I would give up on the club if that was the case.

6 Likes

The second tweet would suggest a minority shareholding?

2 Likes

Unless it’s Government Pension Fund of Norway - Wikipedia I’m out.

3 Likes

My guess is that they might not be fully selling up, at least given the statement. Might be clinging on to false hope though.

It makes perfect sense to cash out some money right now, while holding on a majority stake. Pocket some of that cash to recoup the initial investment, while bringing in new capital for Bellingham or whatever plans they might have.

Then again, I think if they’ve given up on a salary cap happening, then it might be the proper end of their time as the owners.

Didn’t see this coming

2 Likes

I do wonder if Red Bird will come into the frame?

1 Like

I doubt it, they have ÂŁ7bil in assets and have just spent ÂŁ1.2bil on AC Milan.

This is why I think it’s a sale, you’d expect RedBird to be contacted directly to increase their investment if it was another part sell…

You don’t get Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley involved for an investment.

1 Like

Relax, there are very few entities who can afford a majority stake at Liverpool. We are currently valued at over €3b.

Time for a TAN whip-round.

4 Likes

This is my worry, the people who can afford us what is their actual motivation? It won’t be for their love of our club, that much is certain.

3 Likes

No guarantee Jurgen will agree to work under these ‘new-owners’…!

My point was on if they were to part sell. Red Bird is not part of Liverpool though it was finance into FSG.

1 Like

My worry is it’s prolonged and takes time hence nothing happens in Jan, and who can frankly afford us.

Yes the statements do seem to contradict eachother but as per my other point you don’t appoint those major banks to sell a part share in my opinion.

If we sold for £3.6bil (our rumoured worth) that’s a 10 times ROI for FSG…

1 Like