The Owners - FSG

Yep. If it were an ownership model similar to Newcastle and City, I would.

10 Likes

This was my first thought. They have been openly looking for additional investment since they took over.

It wouldnt surprise me though if they were closer to the exit now. Footballing bodies provide less leadership than they did a decade ago , and everything else is just thankless.

And leave here?

We didnā€™t do this when we sold part shares to LeBron or Red Bird.

The problem is the EPL. They have no ethical standards, no control what so ever. It is difficult to compete these days with the hobby projects of dictarors and dictatorships or shady oligarchs wanting to white wash their image and become pristine in the eyes of the West.

This is the main issue. It really is. This is not new, everything over the last years have led up to this. and it will become worse unless UK Parliament reigns this disaster which is the Premier League in. having all the best players in the world in the same league is NOT worth it it or even a good thing when the price is so extremely steep !

7 Likes

I donā€™t think I could see much point in staying, to be honest.

2 Likes

Wasnā€™t that in FSG?

1 Like

Interesting to note that the Oil rich nations bought middling clubs at small money. Very rare for us to come up like this and what other nations are there now? Qatar I guess :upside_down_face:

Sadly Le Bron is only worth 1 billion, otherwise Iā€™d be happy with him, Bill Gates fancy it?

Was there a vote recently about who would be allowed to by epl clubs

Donā€™t Qatar own PSG?

3 Likes

Ah yeah, Bahrain then.

There isnā€™t a lot of them to be honest I just looked it could well be a tech company but I assume these people would buy via a body like Red Bird.

Thatā€™s what it looks like to me too. I think they are probably assessing interest in minority stakes.

Having said that, it must be hard being in FSGs situation. They want LFC to be successful. They are trying to go about it in the right way, and the games authorities just allow sports washing and financial doping to destroy competition and push them further down the pecking order, not only damaging LFCs prospects of success, but damaging the very competitions they are supposed to watch over. And all the while, the fans fucking hate them because they arenā€™t pulling four Ā£50m signings a year out of their arse (whether Klopp wants them of not).

10 Likes

Nor is it new. Weā€™ve been through this cycle several times, and each time FSG are very open about being willing to take on additional partners if the deal is right, which to me has always been as much about strategic partnership than money.

5 Likes

One of their Emirs own Beter Jerusalem :sunglasses:

Stop the exaggeration young man.

Ah well something to keep us interested in the World Cup period.

Letā€™s just hope DONALD TRUMP is not interestedā€¦! :scream:

1 Like

Very much agree. But also its just that but the environment all around is becoming more fractious - just look at the fallout from the city match for example.

2 Likes

So thats why they are selling??!

I think in those cases FSG were approached for inward investment into FSG itself?

Whereas in this case it might just be that weā€™re opening up to solicit investment.