The Owners - FSG

Done it once then.

2 Likes

ahh.

1 Like

Presumably staff are always coming and going at a place as big as LFC. In this age of social media, we know a lot more than we once did about the churn.

With that said, it does feel concerning to read about all the changes, and especially the profile of the people who are going, and the concentration of upheaval in a particular department.

I donā€™t know what to think of it.

Presumably part of it is just the churn that happens at a decent sized employer.
But beyond that I donā€™t know if it is new owner related, or if there is more disquiet than normal, perhaps over roles behind the scenes? Rather than talking it out and reaching agreement, people seem to be choosing to leave.

It is concerning, albeit from the outside looking in.

1 Like

The new head may want his own people in anyhow.

Considering our elite fitness over the last 2-3 years Iā€™m not too bothered about this one :see_no_evil:

:rofl: good one.

1 Like

I was half in jest Iā€™m sure the guy is fine.

Another club staff member gone;

He was head of analysis at the Academy and individual coach for the Redsā€™ U18s.

3 Likes

people can say what they want but so many leave within a year ā€¦

I wonder if it all stems from Origi leaving?

And life not being the same again?

3 Likes

Itā€™s hard to know with these things. People change employers all the time due to a multitude of reasons. In this case, Jenkins has gone to join someone heā€™s worked with before in Oā€™Neil. Heā€™s been at Liverpool for 10 years. Chasing a new career path? Promotion? Times changing at LFC and heā€™s one of the ones to be moved on as Hogan readies the club for the future? Who knows.

Interestingly, he was brought in to the club at the same time as Edwards, Ward and Fallows. Only Fallows still at the club from that recruitment (once Ward leaves).

1 Like

(Only laughing, thereā€™s nothing wrong with someone who is since ten years at the club, finding a new working opportunity. All the best to Tim Jenkins!)

1 Like

Some people work their whole career in youth football because its what they have a specific aptitude for and where their passion is. In reality though most people at this level are in youth football because they havent been given an opportunity at a higher level (or they have, failed, and are now rebuilding their reputation). Liverpool is a high profile club, but a first team role with a prem team is a way more prestigious, challenging, and likely higher paying role.

3 Likes

Mmmmmm

If a sale isnā€™t completed though, this could mean that some funds are no longer available for us in the coming transfer markets because of this huge investment and so could be a cause for concern.

I wouldnā€™t worry about it as the author of the article clearly has no clue as to what he is writing about.

5 Likes

Itā€™s Empire of the Kop. Totally unreliable. Best is to ignore everything coming from that direction.

4 Likes

Yeah itā€™s a pure guess.

I do miss the era of when someone was stating their opinion it was clear.

1 Like

So all quiet on the new owners/investment front, no media coverage at all, the general feeling i have gaged on this website is that we dont want oil money public investment money but we want someone who is from a respectable back ground to invest within our club, who apart from oil/public investment is there out there? For the record i am with the someone apart from PIF investment as we have been punching above our weight against these clubs for years (also chelsea and now newcastle) and it feels like every time we beat the like of Pep we are beating the devil! but realistically who is out there? Who can invest at the levels we need to compete?

2 Likes

Well, if the fans doesnā€™t want oil money, the next group will be another group of Yanks or Germans who are just gonna be the continuation of the same. This crop of players needs to be refreshed, be it now or 3 years from now and we havenā€™t got the money to recoup a part of the expenses back due to expiring contracts.

And we also need to spend money to find new backroom staff to replace those who have left.

Of course, the lack of media coverage can also mean the interested parties has already signed a NDA with FSG and are undergoing negotiations. Hopefully, FSG and John Henry sees that they ainā€™t be able to compete with the current model due to FIFA & the FA being so utterly weak in their enforcement of FFP.

2 Likes

fsg? They have compensated Abu Dhabiā€™s, Utdā€™s and Chelseaā€™s superior spending power by being smart, appointing the right people and playing the long-term game. That has put us in good stead. There is no reason to think they canā€™t continue to do that in the future.

If they want to cash in right now though, we can only hope that they will find a similar profile to themselves. But that will be hard because the buying price of this club is horrendously high now, so a smart cunning business like them group wonā€™t come in at this point.

I for one hope that theyā€™ll find fresh investment and stay the main owners of this club.

5 Likes