The Owners - FSG

I don’t think I could give up on supporting Liverpool, even if we were bought by, say, Qatar. I certainly wouldn’t like some of the policies of the Qatari government, and my hope would be that the connection to Liverpool would be a means, even if small, to accelerate social progress in Qatar.

My biggest frustration is that we have been let down by the governing bodies in the game, and the whole game is rotten. Going farther up the food chain, the custodians of the game would presumably look to numerous governments, who are in deep with various Middle East nations, via energy, business and arms deals.

My love for LFC would probably transcend whoever the owners are, even if I don’t approve of them.

2 Likes

To be fair, isn’t that mainly the Saudi thing? Thought the Qatari thing was mainly slave labour.

Can’t watch it at the moment, were any gay people put to death?

Let’s be critical, but still factually accurate, is my main point here.

To which I’d also say that if we were talking about the oil money, it’d be true, but if we were talking about Qatari money…

They definitely take a dim view on our gay friends. That’s putting it mildly.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, Liverpool is a special club and should never be owned by a someone purely doing it for sports washing but thats where football is going now. I’m hoping this bid(if the reports are true) will start a bidding war and we can have an owner with good intentions but if not, I’d rather have our club challenging for trophies instead of sitting watching our rivals win everything.

1 Like

Same sex relationships in Qatar carry a mandatory jail sentence of between 3-7 years, and may be punishable by death.

This is mind-boggling. In what world haven’t we been challenging for trophies for the last few seasons?

5 Likes

Crucially none of them as of yet have been so punished.

Again, I’m not saying it’s good, I’d just like us to remember which country is up to what kind of shite. It’s not close to being okay by any means but they’re not any worse than most of the Gulf in that regard. 90% of your population as effectively slave labour.

While I don’t want to see the Qataris anywhere near this club, the “God is Money” mentality has been around a while.
If many more clubs are controlled by oil money maybe the EPL will become the APL !
Rather not, but I still would support Liverpool.

Was about to post the same thing. It’s as if this lads thinks he’s been watching Liverpool finish eighth every season under Klopp. It’s mad.

Liverpool have shown they can be competitive under a self-sufficient model. We’ve posted three seasons in the high nineties points totals and reached three European Cup finals.

1 Like

With Newcastle now being owned by the Saudis, Chelsea throwing money around like theres no tomorrow, United up for sale, City being city…
Soon we won’t be able to compete. We need investment or an owner willing to put their hand in their pocket.

Chelsea and United throwing money around like there’s no tomorrow is nothing new in recent seasons, yet we don’t see them any better off than others at the moment do we?

We are already doing fine. Take away the mess of injuries we’ve had this season, and I doubt we’ll be anywhere close to being in this quagmire.

2 Likes

Please, teams throwing money around is not something we haven’t had to deal with under Klopp.

2 Likes

Way to prove you’re completely fucking tone deaf, all in one paragraph.

1 Like

Presume you weren’t here on F5 day.

1 Like

City and Chelsea yes, but it wont be long until the PL will have at least 4 teams throwing that sort of money around. The new format for the CL will help us keep qualifying but sooner or later that will be our highlight of the season. With Edwards and now Ward leaving. We’re one big mess at the moment and I can’t our Tranfer Strategy working.

Not a lot of fans seem to remember that. I remember watching coverage from the high court as if was the Champions League final.

I’ll always say this. You want to spin the wheel of ownership? Be very, very, very fucking careful what you wish for. There aren’t many owners of football clubs out there who aren’t pricks.

5 Likes

Famously the two people who led the data strategy.

lost me on that one brother. fire me off a text with context