The Owners - FSG

The EPL could have moved all the matches on the saturday to another day, they had 7 months to prepare for this event. It is the EPL’s fault.

4 Likes

I’m so proud of them for booing. If you are a Liverpool supporter you will understand why.

2 Likes

If you don’t understand why the booing occurred it’s probably worth taking some time to educate yourself, before calling thousands of your fellow fans a disgrace

8 Likes

FFS! They did enough faffing about when QE2 was sunk, no wonder the UK has gone to shit when there are calls to stop everything for ceremonial reasons all the time!

The government could have held it in June, can’t think they wanted to hold it a day after local elections in which they were expected to get completely shafted in and did.

Oh

4 Likes

SOS are bang out of line, and, as they do so often, have blundered into a story they with complete ignorance. There is nothing that the club could have done. In fact, I think they did a really good job of controlling the narrative, making it clear they had no choice, the Premier League had put them in an invidious situation.

Also why wait two days before commenting? The story had died down and the blacklash was nowhere what was expected.

7 Likes

I find the whole idea that this is a generation event somewhat baffling. Charles is 77. Could be another one in a decade.

Charlie is 74. :grin: and will probably live another 25 years.

I’d wager that half of those who booed had no fucking clue what they were even booing for

2 Likes

I don’t remember the QE2 sinking? Must have missed that one.

1 Like

Are you suggesting our fan base are thick or Sheeple?

There is typically one monarch per generation so that isn’t an unreasonable concept. The last coronation was ion 1953 which is almost three generations away.

1 Like

Some, yes.
No different to others.

Yeah, but the next one isn’t going to be another seventy years.

If Charles lives as long as his parents, it’s perfectly possible that it would be 20 to 25 years away, i.e. generational. Of course, that assumes that the monarchy is still existing in its current form by then.

1 Like

This is true. I was sat next to 2 Norwegian fans, a father and daughter, first visit to Anfield and they were booing their heads off. I’m sure for many there this was a once in a lifetime opportunity to express their opposition to an outdated institution but judging by the people round me for a lot of others it was just one big laugh.

Maybe so and many others were just moronic dickheads, you were sitting next to two of them.

https://twitter.com/JanAageFjortoft/status/1656192168606801920?s=20

3 months only? What is really going on? Is it so hard to get a permanent sporting director?

Sounds to me like the new SD has been identified, but is either under contract till August and their current club is refusing to release him early, or he has left his club, but has signed either a non-compete agreement that covers this window, or agreed to take gardening leave which might exclude him from taking a role prior to August.

All are fairly common in business when it gets to senior management level appointments

9 Likes

Schmadtke??? This is a joke, right?