The Owners - FSG

I would hope we don’t need that kind of money desperately enough to take it…

1 Like

Interesting article on internal and external revenues generated by PL clubs. Goes on to speculate about how both can be good or bad by taking some examples. Heavily uses us as one of the examples. Apparently we have some of the best internal revenues generated, but very low external funding (loans or owner funding).

Our net owner funding specifically is 2nd lowest in the league at -37m over last five years. United take the last spot with -124m in the last five years, but they have some of the highest debt in the league. Unfortunately, most of the other clubs are not mentioned. I’d have liked to see how far off we are to Arsenal or Tottenham, or even Villa.

I think if there was any patch where we needed a bit more help from our owners, it’d be these coming couple of years’ transfer windows. We are run like a successful business, but any business needs to get some cash injection now and again to grow, or as in our case, to stay competitive.

1 Like

The rebuild is taking shape. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I really, really hope that they don’t think we can compete for the PL an EL title with only Mac Allister …

Probably secretly praying Klopp can pull off a few more miracles before he leaves.

We are clearly in negotiations with several more players/clubs/agents. Not saying we are signing them all but I would be shocked if there were not at least two more signings this summer.

I’m pretty sure the U21 is having an effect on closing deals too.

3 Likes

Don’t they also have a link to one of the clubs in Eredivison (spelling)?

1 Like

Why not? Looks like the opponent is fielding no one

Modern fans are killing football for me.

4 Likes

Oh yeah the general teeth gnashing from a lot of our fans on all forms of media moaning thats its 22nd of June and only 1 signing has been made.

Just wait until they find out that there won’t be a new version of the FIFA game.

That one signing being more than pretty much anything anyone else has done other than Nkunku to Chelsea which was agreed in Jan.

It’s all “arsenal are getting this player and that player. United are in for X and Y. City are buying so and so” and yet none of it has actually happened and a lot of it is just speculation. Meanwhile any speculation around what we might do is dismissed as such.

I have a love hate relationship with transfer windows. They should be fun and exciting and I look forward to seeing what we’ll do and getting involved in the discussions. But then after a few days the moaning about what we might spend, why things aren’t going faster and what every other team might do just makes it so draining.

Twitter is just a hell-scape of whinging and faux in the know types pretending they’re something they’re not. I can not fathom the mindset of some of these people who get off on blatantly lying or wallowing in misery simply for some online clout from a bunch of people they don’t actually know or care about. Narcissistic pricks the lot of them.

7 Likes

You think this is bad?

Wait till all the kids are on half term in a couple weeks, bored out their minds, and still only 1 signing has been made.

I seen some proper meltdown on the socials. It embarrassing. Like @rab says every bullshit rumour linking a player to another club it treated as a done deal and then used to hammer the club. It’s really ridiculous stuff.

As it stands, the window has been open a couple of weeks, we’ve signing a cracking midfielder for about half his real value. Great start.

All the other serious targets are away at the U21s. I don’t expect anything to happen on Thuram, Kone, Gravenberch or Viega until we’re the other side of that Tournament.

3 Likes

Before the meltdown has even started, these same people have had it infested in their minds that FSG don’t do near enough, if anything at all to help the team… for the last 12 years & to some degree it’s true, especially when you see the likes of Villa, West Ham, Spurs, Arsenal & Wolves above us in the net spend department…so yes they’re going to use any and every example out there to bash the owners with.

it’s simply not acceptable, 2nd biggest club for turnover in England…won the CL, won the PL, got to another CL final & Klopp gets given Ben Davies and Arthur Melo on loan when we’re in dire need of help.

1 Like

If we were saying no more deals or rumours were coming out like that then I’d worry.

It’s not been the case even Klopp alluded to this situation before the summer.

1 Like

The cheating bastards are below us in net spend and Chelsea who finished 11thish are first.

Once again, FSG are not Hicks and Gillett, they are not actively stripping the club to pay loan debts. Net spend like every other metric without context, is useless and misleading.

3 Likes

That net spend table is a league table I would gladly be as low as possible. So does winning the net spend league actually win us anything in real life football?

1 Like

A lot of fans crave to to be the net spend champions.

3 Likes