The Owners - FSG

Neville slags off Liverpool.

He also thinks Man Utd were far the better side in that first half of the 7-0 and was opening laughing at a fellow pundit before the game.

2 Likes

It’s just brain dead analysis.

City have so much spending power that he doesnt even address it, he just says “City are City”. So why does just going and spending money, something you can never do as well as they can, put you in a better place to challenge them?

“You cannot compete with city with potential” Well, Gary. You sure as shit cant do it by just going out and spending money either.

3 Likes

Glazers have proved that.

Watching that was almost as fun as watching Goldbridge’s meltdown…

1 Like

Spent hugely you grammatically stunted fuckwit.

That’s the point.

The missteps have become more pronounced under the ownership of Fenway Sports Group and winning a little more difficult as a result.The **decision-making feels more fuzzy. The f**ailure to sign a midfielder last summer exacerbated current problems with Liverpool opting out of the race for Jude Bellingham before he had made a final decision on his future.
@_pauljoyce

article behind paywall for those interested in reading it…Liverpool concerns: Defensive frailties and lack of transfer signings

1 Like

Nothing much anyone would not guess there.

However one big thing about this is without those two who went to Saudi I would have said we were more than ready for the season.

Only player I was particularly keen on seeing was a CB.

Evidently the loss of Edwards has left our decision making a bit meh, generally feel the two we bought in are good signings though and with Fabinho and Hendo remaining I think we would have rectified those issues from last summer.

I’ve been critical on Ward but Gakpo I believe might actually lead to being a top signing and it was a bit out of the blue.

Thing is the signings I have seen are massively overflated but good, good or massively overflated and poor. Nothing has blown me out of the water.

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, if the transfer window shut on sunday before our first game of the season would you be confident that the squad jurgen has is strong enough to compete for any honours this season or would we be lucky to finish in the top four? My opinion for what it is worth is we look good up front plenty of options especially with Doak as a dark horse to play a part here and there, midfield additions of mac and sobz are good additions, but we are short of numbers if injuries were to happen, defence is also short of numbers and vulnerable if injuries were to happen, MY POINT IS THE WAY THINGS ARE GOING AND WE ONLY SEEM TO BE LINKED WITH LAVIA AT THE MOMENT AS A MIDFIELD OPTION WITH WHAT SEEMS TO BE EMBARRASSING OFFERS CONTINUOUSLY GETTING REJECTED, NO SIGN OR NEWS OF OFFERS FOR DEFENDERS, I AM NOT CONFIDENT THAT FSG ARE COMMITTED TO INVEST ANY MORE THIS SUMMER! WOULD LOVE TO BE PROVED WRONG, BUT IF THAT IS ALL FOR OUR BIG SUMMER REBUILD WOULD YOU STILL BACK FSG WHEN THE OTHER TEAMS AROUND US HAVE AGAIN BEEN BACKED FINANCIALLY

fsg lost interest the day we won the league

sam winchester yawn GIF

educated response thank you :+1: no opinion at all? I hope i am proved wrong but got the same feeling i had last summer when we ended up with Arther on loan!

you wrote an entire paragraph in caps. far as I am concerned, you’re a 12yo girl crying for attention.

3 Likes

That was a summer in which Klopp insisted all summer, combatively so, that he was happy with the players he had in his midfield only to change course in the last week because of 3 separate injuries. This year he has been as frank as he’s ever been about needing to add someone.

If we end the window without adding anyone it will be a failure based on his own words. But we are still a month out so treating us as if the window has closed already makes no sense. We are also in a completely different situation now than we were last summer when we’d done none of the leg work on any mids until it was way too late to do anything meaningful.

4 Likes

That’s an awful lot of shouting Lewis…you can get your points over across loud and clear without the need to use caps, almost had to clear out the wax in my ear. :laughing: It’s just courtesy.

Fans will rightfully have their concerns, I have some concerns at present. A lot of it will fall on the shoulders of FSG and the board if something is not done in the next 3 weeks. The time spent on Lavia makes me wonder exactly what negotiating is going on…do you really come to the table 3 times and fail 3 times if you’re negotiating? Southampton’s stance has been clear, they are not willing to compromise on a deal for the kid. It’s put up or shut up whilst also putting in a complaint in.

As it stands the concern I have will come as no surprise, last year we saw countless times over where our issues lied, what areas needed addressing, we’ve brought in 2 fantastic ballers who I think will go on to be fine fine players for us but none of them are defensive minded players…they won’t offer that defensive stability that we’ve been crying out for. We essentially have 7 players in our starting XI who want to bomb forward and be part of the offence, if our possession is turned over suddenly there’s gaping holes to be exploited between our CB’s and the last line midfield if you like. That can’t happen, the goals we’ve conceded in pre-season (with the exception of the wonder strikes) can’t happen.

Dont let it bother you that i wrote in capitals to emphasise my point, it is a forum after all and we all have a right to express our opinions whether we agree or not? No need for insults, that says more about your mentality than mine.

1 Like

You remind me of Trump with your CAPS.

Also try using paragraphs and punctuation. Thanks!

Otherwise you’ll give @cynicaloldgit an aneurysm.

2 Likes

TBF the transfer window doesn’t shut on Sunday. Jürgen and those negotiating transfers know the timescale and how much they can ‘hedge their bets’. What we as fans forget is that footy tranfers are done in the full glare of different kinds of media.

Take Lavia for example? I don’t know exactly how much Southampton wanted? I think around 50 Mil? If we’d have bombed straight in a given them that, other clubs would expect us to do the same with players X, Y and Z who we went for. As a normal person you’ve only got to advertise something ‘For Sale’ on Facebook to realise that however much of a bargain it is, there’ll always be more than one person who’ll offer nowhere near the asking price.

And, it’s not just Lavia that the fans want? If FSG, Jürgen et al were to buy every player for every position that the fans want then we’d soon fall foul of FFP and probably be bankrupt.

Every £Mil saved on transfers must be a good thing surely? Southampton want however much for Lavia. If he’s worth it I’m sure we’ll pay it and get him. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Im sorry about your ears, did not mean to come across as shouting, not used to text protocol just wanted to state my point, yes completly agree we have signed 2 ballers in mac and sozb, would be a waste to have to use either mac or jones as a number 6 as that is not their best position in my view, we need to invest in a proper number 6 to support the backline and trent in the box, also need another good centre back in my opinion with pace ideally, if either virge or konate get injured for a period of time i would feel comfortable.