The Owners - FSG

Thing is we just play also rans in that.

People were happy to add things to the Super League which weren’t in the actual plans.

Until you start actually capping it and enforcing it there is no way to stop it.

If they then decide they want to fuck off so be it. English football won’t miss those three.

2 Likes

Let me get this straight:

It’s not the money, FSG have money and the club has money. We only spend good money once in a blue moon, but the club proved this week, that it has money cause it made an offer (even though, somehow we didn’t spend the money).

Transfer policy/FSG practice: Purchases: can’t buy certain players who don’t meet all acceptable criteria (age, total cost, zodiac, etc). Also Klopp has his criteria (for the right reasons)

Transfer policy/FSG practice: Sales: if we get an offer that’s worth more than the player’s market value, we sell. See Hendo, Fabinho.

The end result? We have no DMs and we now have the PL’s smallest squad.

This. And now every club knows we have the money, expect price to go up in the coming 2 weeks. Time to be decisive otherwise this season is done before it even starts.

Stan Collymore on Twitter: “Any football club found guilty of any financial doping, corruption, illegal accounting or any mechanism that illegally seeks a competitive advantage on the pitch… Should be docked every title during that period. It will stop it overnight. Start there.” / X

2 Likes

Do we really see that happening? Plus retrospective title revocation is em robbing the rightful winners of celebrating it in real-time.

I don’t want to harp on about Caicedo. In hindsight probably not the best idea to go for a player being chased for a while by a club that is totally unscrupulous when it comes to FFP-busting spending.

I mean they don’t even bat an eyelid.

Had it come off it would have been a genius predatory move. But we were late to get to the player himself.

Getting an intern to do the negotiations seems to be a great initiative so far!

And the parents of a murdered child seeking punishment of the murderer in court is not going to bring their child back.

Some things can’t be stopped ahead of time. Football club owners and their accountants are cunning little cunts. The best we can do at this stage is to ensure that there is a significant, dissuading punishment after the fact.

3 Likes

The IOC do it with drug cheats, so why should financial cheating be any different?

white collar crime is always seen as the harder to pursue i suppose.

you can beat up on an individual athlete…need to think twice about taking on a state.

Because of the word financial.
Money buys decisions

Oh I’m totally saying throw the proverbial book and kitchen sink at them….just pointing out that as fans it’ll be a phyrric victory. If it ever gets done.

Sickening.

Pyrrhic. 50 quid to you sir, for the best word of the day on here.

1 Like

“Quid”? My good man, is it pound Sterling to which you refer?

https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1691069175744110594

https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1691121442526552065

It seems FSG has made a terrible choice so far in getting Billy Hogan & Jorg Schmadtke to lead the negotiations for Caicedo and Lavia.

The negotiation tactics looks to be a real shambles. The two players that was added in were relatively easy due to the presence of release clauses,

I mentioned way back at the end of last season, we ain’t gonna see any spendings without departures that recoups cash for LFC. Turns out 2 players were sold for cash, and two players were brought in with cash. The rest of the depth went away for free.

It is no surprise that things turned out the way it did.

https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1691088714171035649

By the way, the above is just an FSG PR spin. Neither of them will not be at Anfield come 1st September 2023 no matter how Real Madrid tries their darnest best to offload them. If one of them comes to LFC, I will donate 50 pounds to a registered charity in Liverpool city and screenshot it here. If both comes to LFC, I will double that amount.

If I may make another prediction, by 1st Sept,LFC will have no recognised DM. We will be forced to play Alexis Macallister at DM until Bajectic is fully fit.

However, I am a very petty man and I keep receipts.

@RedArmada @Mascot @Klopptimist , a penny for your thoughts now?

That is quite a reach…

FIFY :grinning:

Does our transfer dealings for the last 3 weeks inspire any confidence in you?

Well, at least the last 3 windows were relatively smooth-sailing and there wasn’t a total FUBAR in the transfer strategy

They were easy because the club’s valuation of the two players were in line with their prices they were available for. Not simply because they had clauses. Despite activating Dom’s clause, the club still negotiated how the money would be paid.

Liverpool didnt fail to sign Lavia because he didnt have a clause - southampton acted as if he did by setting the fee at £50m+ and not being willing to negotiate a lower or restructured fee (as is their right).

Likewise we had a fee agreed with Brighton for Caicedo.