The Owners - FSG

Sees a bit of activity in this thread …oh notices notasupafan is active …

Sam Heughan Reaction GIF by Outlander

I’ve wasted so much time on this over the past week, I might as well have been doing the negotiations myself.

Forced? There is a good chance he was bought with that role in mind.

Totally agreed, but we were told that we would be fine in midfield last summer after missing Tchouameini. That eroded a lot of the confidence/clout that FSG had built up previously. Now having knocked themselves down a peg and still fucking up they are being further scrutinized and rightly so.

I thought release clauses are meant to be paid in full at one go?

oh c’mon, I am literally begging FSG to not let one registered charity in LFC down…

But the transfer window is not just 3wks or the last 3wks…

the fact you aren’t sure about this, basically nullifies any “constructive criticism” in this forum which you try to put forth.

Simmer down, chicken little.

3 Likes

He didn’t look too comfortable in it for the second half for the chelsea match eh? According to thisisanfield’s analysis, he is stylistically simillar to Gundogan, Bernado Silva, Luka Modric.

The need for a DM is a little overstated in this hyper media world.

Do we need one? Absolutely!
Should we look further afield and take more risks? Absolutely!

But I’m also aware we could decide to stay with what we have atm, get everyone back fit, and look towards January…

1 Like

From Klopp’s analysis, it was more a group failure than him being a little uncomfortable…

Just find it odd, that you’ve been AWOL from this thread for 8 days…and soon as two players get their heads swayed by the money Chelsea are offering , you seem to be making up for lost time for some reason.

FSG , have shown intent, the fact that we didn’t sign 2 players because greed seems to have won the day is irrelevant.

But I’m sure we have scouts working hard to rectify the situation and if anything I’d imagine Jürgen and John Henry etc have probably ranted at people and want to get things done for the betterment of the club.

3 Likes

You know what, I will take up that bait and do a quick search on google.

https://twitter.com/Chris78Williams/status/1674844904470478865?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1674844904470478865|twgr^58b42a64421a040af8efdc479d10b189136b1708|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fliverpooloffside.sbnation.com%2Fliverpool-fc-transfer-news%2F2023%2F6%2F30%2F23780196%2Fliverpool-fc-transfer-news-reportedly-trigger-70m-dominik-szoboszlai-release-clause-rb-leipzig

" Though Szoboszlai may be considered worth €70 million, a release clause typically requires the full fee to paid as a lump sum."

So yeah, release clauses have to be paid in full.

Can I continue my “constructive criticisms” now?

Well, if you put a bernardo Silva to be the anchor of the midfield, of course any team will struggle.

It would depend on the clause. Usually they are designed that way but sometimes clubs will agree to instalments - the same i think happened with Ibou.

I’m supposed to come back to this thread on 1st Sept but I broke my own self-exile.

Well, then I shall reply to you on 1st Sept once the transfer window closes on 1st Sept.

City have not struggled when they’ve used him in that role; nor when they used Gundogan; nor when Madrid’s used Modric; nor when Barca has used Frankie…

1 Like

No, only if the selling club insists on it being paid in full.

Why you saying you think Liverpool are shit ?