The Owners - FSG

Don’t you know that FSG is at fault for everything that’s bad at Liverpool?

3 Likes

Anyway I said this 4 days ago? Did not expect the prophesy came true so fast. They are coming out fast and furious.

It’s possible to be critical of the owners for the current shambles without being #fsgout. Same as players we support get criticised from time to time. Debate is becoming really binary and boring

1 Like

The internet is the home of absolutes.

1 Like

Exactly, I think there are plenty of good and reasonable critcisms of what the owners and the club has been doing and mucking about with our recent transfer but if every discussion always ends with FSG Out especially from that few posters, then it gets boring and I will just be interested to reply to them with lazy replies to their lazy posts.

2 Likes

If we don’t beat Bournemouth 12-0 on Saturday, the knives will be out.

If we don’t beat Bournemouth 12-0, its FSG fault for not backing the manager. FSG Out.

If we beat Bournemouth 12-0, imagine how much more we can do if FSG backed our manager. FSG Out.

1 Like

FSG appear to think they are going to run a profitable business in what is essentially a billionaires’ willy-waving league.

It would not surprise me if they resurrected the Super League idea with like-minded owners before the year is out.

2 Likes

To me the point is some posters like @The-AllMightyReds & @Walshy07 whilst can be viewed in the loosest way of being fsg out, in reality I don’t think they are, they try to explain each point they make and engage in debate and to me that’s great.

Some posters just disappear for a week after we’ve made two bids totalling £160 million, then only reappear after they fall through to pick up where they left off.

I have been fsg out a quite a lot over the years, and tbh I really hated John Henry for the way he treated Kenny for us losing the fa cup…but…

H&G unified many, FSG managed to get us and these were the days of Chelsea an utd being the teams that were able to manipulate the fa in regards to FFP.

City came in and have totally destroyed the structure of the league to new heights and none of us could have guessed the scale of the impact …take away the spending on players for the moment and focus on us.

In the last few years Liverpool fans have been the most vocal about city (psg as well)

Jürgen has been the most vocal manager about man city and their spending.

John Henry, as a billionaire owner, has as far as I know stood alone in condemnation of everything of man city.

And it’s not the end, city have yet again another investigation into them, and we are ahead of the curve in some ways as a team, because now some fans are seeing the new issue coming along …Saudi…

Other forums are slowly taking more note to the reality that FFP is not really the issue, it’s the fact that the premier league is not taking action …and questioning why?

And we have as it stands John Henry preparing to take the fight to the premier league and Chelsea,…personally it’s taken me a while to accept him as an owner because of something so trivial to many…but would I rather have him in charge compared to any other owner in the coming years ?

Damn right, because the game is dying in so many regards, felt like there was a point where John wanted to join the likes of man city etc with the super euro league …and then we spoke, and he back tracked and accepted his club, is our club and he’s done this a few times but he does show humility in some cases and apologises.

Check other forums about Chelsea and their spending , read the caicedo and Lavia transfer threads they have…Brighton and Southampton fans whilst accepting the money, they have the same disgust that we have in regards to how FFP and Chelsea are just a joke, even most it’s fans share that disgust.

So as a fan I actually get ready to support the team on the pitch, but for the first time since H&G…I’m 100% behind our owners who appear to be getting ready one more time to fight the gross corruption of the ruling powers of football…and if nothing happens this time like it hasn’t so far against city …I’ll be waiting for Henry and co to lead the attack against Newcastle when that comes …my only hope is by then other club owners and fans will have caused enough of a fuss that action will have to be taken …or the league collapses, which if it is what is required to purge the game of all that is bad…is something I’d accept.

6 Likes

Im not FSG out. Could they do better. Yes but we could have worse owners. I remember Hicks and Gillette all to well.
FSG have proved if Jurgen thinks a player is worth the money then its there just look at the events of Friday and Moses.
Now some will say its a publicity stunt but I honestly don’t believe that - we left it too late. The moment he handed in a transfer request in Jan we should’ve acted then and got in contact with him. Chelsea have been talking to him since Feb its reported so I don’t blame him for wanting to go there.
Our bid although genuine was just too late and we should’ve been aware we were being used. He was always going Chelsea even if we bid £150m.
Lavia - again, we bid what we thought he was worth - £37m, then £42m then £45-46m - so the money was there. It made no sense that we bid £60m if we didnt think he was worth £50m a week ago.
But the issue here was Lavia wanted us but we dicked him about flirting with Moses and now Chelsea have come in and offered him £250k a week which is mental considering he is 19 and not even playing 40 top flight games.
But FSG have proved the funds are there for the right player if Klopp wants. Its not FSGs fault those who sort transfers have made a mess of the window (as it stands).

4 Likes

Apologies, I tried to convey too much at once and rambled .

I don’t think you and almighty are fsg out , you just ask questions that many of us think , and have always articulated the reasoning behind them, plus can also see the other pov …it’s the ones who disappeared when we made those bids and then reappear when they fell through…just seems strange to me why they do it.

I have complete faith in yourself and almighty to always question the owners and actually keep raising concerns on many issues that I agree with as well.

As you say I think we were to late,no doubt, but I also think we expected this and hence why John Henry is here, to yet again highlight it.

And whilst he’s getting ready to argue, just take some time out John and sign us a few players that are needed :joy:

Fixed it for accuracy :ok_hand:.

The terms “willy-waving” and “dick swinging” have now been added to the list of phrases which should be punished by a £10 contribution to the board’s running costs.

2 Likes

How about “cock-fighting”?

Can we stop the dong discussion please? Funny though it is, I’m trying to concentrate on doing DIY on my parent’s house. It takes some looking after. I’m busy nursing a semi……

Do they live in a semi?

Maybe you shouldn’t be distracted while doing DIY I guess…

Just to clarify, are ‘dick waving’ and ‘willy swinging’ still okay?

Would be a shit joke otherwise.

Penises aside, I think if John Henry doesn’t get any joy out of asking the PL to enforce FFP rules then it’s more likely that FSG would sell up entirely rather than resurrect the super league idea. Didn’t Juventus finally back out the super league project just last week? I doubt if they would be tempted to re-enter after quitting it so recently.

1 Like