The Owners - FSG

Maybe a 2-3% equity for the amounts that’s been talked about.

Some useful money for Liverpool to clear off debts and also sets the valuation for Liverpool.

3 Likes

No signings DESPITE money coming in

FSG out

1 Like

I wondered why it was trending on Twitter.

Been quiet since they spent 90m (including the Fabinho and Hendo money) this summer.

This sounds like they have responded to rising global interest rates and have pushed the debts into equity rather than loans. It sounds like a smart financial move but nothing to get excited by.

6 Likes

I think it’s about the ability to derive further benefits down the line. A minority investor is often incentivised to bring in some deals to the club as well in return for margins and/or an increase in the resulting share valuation.

This benefits both the club and then.

I can just about imagine the twitter trolls going. FSG selling out minority stakes for pittances and clearing loans instead of buying the next Caicedo.

2 Likes

So, does this mean that the club is now debt-free (or at least that the debt is negligible)? I don’t know a thing about finances but Swiss Ramble (I think) had Liverpool’s debt at well over 100 million pounds, so that surprised me a lot, I thought that debt was less than 100 million pounds.

Dynasty is a global sports investment firm focused on acquiring minority interests in sports franchises and other related assets and rights.

Established with a deep foundation in sector-focused private equity, our firm seeks to invest in resilient, compelling, and differentiated opportunities. Integral to our investment approach is a deep commitment to creating enduring partnerships and supporting efforts that benefit the entire sports ecosystem.

CEO and Exec Chairman have plenty of experience reading their profiles on their website., amongst some others - one of the guys that works there did work with Real Madrid.

1 Like

But if cheapskates FSG had just invested in cloning technology then we could have two Szoboszlai’s now but nooooooo we have to go the way of skinflints.

Patience my young padawon friend. As we lernt during The Clone Wars, the more you rush the cloning procedure, the more unreliable and unpredictable clone are. It is best to leaave them to grow and develope at a normal rate

If they did that then I’d get a pre-I jury Fowler and a young Gerrard clone. And why not a clone of VVD before the assault too

2 Likes

Fixed for pure footballing sexiness

3 Likes

United’s strategy. Have 2 groups compete to buy the club then fuck them both off whilst still smiling coquettishly at them.

Liverpool. Keep it really quiet and release it when it’s happened.

FSG vs window fitters.

Already are.

so what does this selling off of debt into equity signal for the future?

larger dividends or a medium term sale?

what would be the motivation of dynasty to become involved?

They’ve said growth opportunities.

Personally I don’t see anything wrong with this, means the club effectively will have what it earns.

I think we will be fine in the market in future, yes we won’t spend silly but if we want a player the deal will be there to be done.

When a minor investor was first mooted, I had in mind someone sticking a few hundred million in for 10%, something like that. From the money the debts would be cleared, existing shareholders would wet their beak a little, and Klopp would have the rest of the dough for the squad.

This deal is a fair bit less than that, and only takes care of the debt part, in exchange for a small amount of equity.

What does it achieve?

All income the club receives can be ploughed back in, as we don’t need money to service debt. This is a good thing. (Unless it paves the way for FSG to draw a dividend now that interest payments don’t need to be paid. That would be underwhelming if they did that).

Whatever the expertise of the investing group, presumably they can help to grow the pie, or help in some other way that sees the value of their stake rise.

It also sets some sort of benchmark, or precedent, should a much bigger fish emerge.

If the team was struggling there would be more fuss over this, as people would want investment in the team. But as things stand we are fine, and the whole thing can be met with a bit of a shrug of the shoulders. It’s alright. It makes sense. It’s solid. But small enough that it doesn’t set any pulses racing one way or the other.

The investment in the summer in my view was fine, are we short in certain areas? Yeah but then it’s more down to situations.

Take right back you can’t really compensate for your first and third choice being injured.

I think they generally spent well this summer.

1 Like

Apologies for the late reply.

My thoughts are:

• Fantastic summer. Would have liked a defender, but Quansah looks full of promise.
  • Looks like we dodged £160m bullets right now.
  • We’ve got two short of maximum points from a tricky start, and more importantly everyone looks like they are having fun.
  • Szoboszlai is a Steven Gerrard regen

What are your thoughts?

4 Likes

Good to see you back @Mascot.

2 Likes