The Owners - FSG

This is an interesting, yet risky time beginning now for fsg, a time without their talisman coach who held everything together on a sporting level, and with a rookie trying to follow into his footsteps.

The inevitable ups and downs in front of us will be a big test of their cohesion and consistency, and their current ability to deal with moments of crisis.

With a bit of luck, it won’t be as miserable as Rodgers’ time with us though. They are more experienced now, and the club is in a better place overall.

2 Likes

I have doubts about FSG now and how they managed to lose Klopp and a few other quality people along the way. Tho usually pessimistic, I sense there are cracks being papered over which are going to come into clear relief under Slot.

1 Like

In a footballing sense I kind of feel the opposite way. I think Klopp being the level of control he was created some cracks - players given contracts they didn’t deserve, some poor (or less data/stylistically driven) signings, not enough ruthlessness in player evaluations and maybe staff too and it was papered over by the pure quality of the man as a manager and leader.

Lijnders is a really high quality coach by all accounts but he was in charge of our style/system and at times it was incoherent especially towards the end of the season.

I think dividing those duties Klopp had into dedicated roles could mean that we have a “greater than the sum of its parts” effect on the team. We dont have anyone left who is as talented as Klopp but if we have a proper division of responsibilities and not one person in charge of everything and being overworked then I think it’ll be a better thing in the long term.

12 Likes

Thank you. So a burn out from charisma then, which can happen. I think this was in part, if possible, the only criticism of him. He had some big contracts in the dressing room not playing regularly either, and openly, it was for their camaraderie and influence in the dressing room. He would pay to maintain his vibe.

Ive not forgiven them for Gini and replacing with Thiago, maybe I should.

2 Likes

Doesn’t mean that they will get it right. Unfortunately, appointing the right leadership is generally very difficult, as history has shown, whether experienced or not.

1 Like

Believe this sad ailment has also felled several recent Tory PMs.

2 Likes

Was just asking myself what the political elites have done for us in recent years, based on how long Sunak has been in power - 25 Oct 2022. Nothing, and nothing before that. BJ was a bullshit machine, and along with his far right wing JRM et al cronies, served to take down the Tories. They were nearly finished in 97, this time it could be even harder.

I just don’t believe in the system enough anymore to think things will change, I seem to work on how bad it will be in terms of damage limitation.

1 Like

Klopp said that he felt supported by Liverpool’s owners during his time at the club and added that he felt that he would not have been shown as much faith at some other teams.

“We should be really happy that we have these owners and not guys who bought London clubs and other stuff,” the German coach said. "I wouldn’t have survived a year at Liverpool [with them in charge].

"‘Great development but not good enough, sack him!’ A year later: ‘Sack him.’ Then finally they play football where people think they might be back and they sack the manager anyway.

“People always think the grass is greener but we have owners who really feel responsible for the club and work really hard as well to be successful. I felt supported. We did it as good as we could have done and I’m fine with it.”

11 Likes

Sadly it won’t stop the #fsgout brigade who’ll say he’s just making sure he isn’t burning bridges on the way out.

To them the only thing that matters is spending money on transfers and success on the pitch is just a byproduct of that.

2 Likes

Well I wasnt sure what had gone on but after this I believe Jurgen.

I always read that # as ‘fuck sake, gout’

2 Likes

He actually made an interesting point on spending during his interview on Sky after the last match.

Seemed someone very much wanting to make a point to some people.

He didn’t have to like.

2 Likes

Liverpool is the most watched European football club globally across domestic league and cup fixtures. 415m cumulative global TV audience from Aug 23 to Mar 24. LFC is also the most watched club for home fixtures only. :red_circle::muscle: [Craig Evans]

13 Likes

is that still a thing?

1 Like

I mean, it’s already June (it isnt) and we haven’t signed anyone yet so everyone is getting away from us (they arent).

FSGOUT

4 Likes

Might have quietened down since last summer but you watch it come back strong if we don’t come flying out the traps next season.

It’ll be “see, Klopp was working miracles on the pittance FSG gave him.”

“They’ve cheaped out on replacing Klopp when they could have got [insert name of managerial flavour of the month] because Slot was willing to work within their transfer budget”

“Clearly Slot wanted player x but we wouldn’t spend that despite him being 100% definitely worth that.”

It’ll be back with a vengeance

3 Likes

tis why mountains should be moved to ensure Slotty gets everything he needs ASAP to start fast.
FWIW, I think Arne will win more than Jurgen. (Possibly a kiss of death for the Dutch shrinking violet as I have been convinced we (s/w)ould flog off Mo every summer for the last 2-3 years too)

1 Like

If the #fsgout clowns return they should be reminded of what Klopp said

“We should be really happy that we have these owners and not guys who bought London clubs and other stuff. I wouldn’t have survived a year at Liverpool (with them in charge). ‘Great development but not good enough, sack him!’ A year later: ‘Sack him’.”

“Then finally they play football where people think they might be back and they sack the manager anyway. People always think the grass is greener but we have owners who really feel responsible for the club and work really hard as well to be successful. I felt supported. We did it as good as we could have done and I’m fine with it.”

12 Likes

I get that, but I don’t pay attention to those unhinged monkeys on twitter when it comes to the club.

All owners will make mistakes from time to time, there’s a fine line between keeping their bottom line happy and the patrons of the club. But anyone who is paying attention with half a brain will see the good they have done in the past 10 years.

my only concern is what happens when the ownership group age out…will it become a trust, or will it be sold.

1 Like

Mike Gordon in armed combat with the sons of John Henry and Tom Werner

6 Likes