The R.I.P. thread

Unfortunate.

2 Likes
3 Likes

will never forget her poster in Andy Dufresne’s cell at Shawshank Prison

RIP.

8 Likes

RIP Raquel Welch who’s poster once adorned many a lads bedroom wall

And the star of “one million years BC” who brought fathers and sons togther to watch the movie

the sons loved the dinosuars,

the fathers loved Raquel in her bikini,

RIP.

3 Likes

Such a beauty.

You think about that style of full-figured gal from the 50s/60s. Her, Sophia, Claudia Cardinale, Bardot, Gina Lollobrigida, Marilyn etc. Almost an extinct species on the screen. Jessica Chastain is the only similar one from today I can think of.

1 Like

hrmm…what other full-figured actresses could I think of recently…

Salma Hayek
Salma Hayek Fashion GIF by House of Gucci

Christina Hendricks
sexy christina hendricks GIF

Kat Dennings
dieting kat dennings GIF by Team Coco

1 Like

I see you are a man of refinement and taste.

I had a thing for Kat Dennings for a while, when she was in Two Broke Girls.

then there’s Salma…

1 Like

Salma’s films have been fun watches, too. Like her a lot. Jessica Chastain is amazing. Beautiful, built and can really act. Long live bombshells. (Am I still allowed to say this?)

2 Likes

I hope so!

Played 5 times for Everton apparently

3 Likes

Massive tragedy. Rest in Peace, all of them.

6 Likes

Another sports presenter gone. One of my earliest memories of my childhood was this guy on the tv. He made my Saturday afternoon viewing for years when I was a kid, World of Sport was a top show.

RIP Dickie Davis, you were one the original pioneers in visual sports presenter.

7 Likes

Funny guy, even in SVU!

4 Likes

He was one of my favourite supporting characters in Law and Order, svu.

1 Like

Used to love Saturday afternoons. Start with Football Focus at lunchtime, then hop back and forth between World of Sport and Grandstand, depending on what was going on.

It was a simpler age, no social media, no internet, less channels to watch, and so on. And it was amazing how you could get into different sports that otherwise would have barely registered.

RIP Dickie Davies.

5 Likes

Ditto

1 Like

It took me until I was about 8 or 9 to really solidify my understanding that he was NOT Des Lynam. To me, that is a mark of respect

3 Likes

My Dad told me Dickie Davies turned up at the Liverpool Supporters Club one time and all the woman that were in there were ‘swooning’ over him all night…!
He definitely was debonair and very likeable in his manner though.
RIP

3 Likes

RIP John Motson.

6 Likes