The R.I.P. thread

So sad to hear about Motty, he was the voice of football on the live commentary. He was always full of enthusiasm and positivity. He will be sorely missed by many of us football fans.

RIP Motty :heart:

4 Likes

Exactly, same here.

2 Likes

Not disrespectful at all. Good riddance to a vile cunt.

1 Like
5 Likes

My mate and I went to the Nou Camp in 2000/01 when we played Barca, the year we won the treble.
If I remember rightly, you can walk round the whole stadium. So we bumped into Rob Palmer of Sky Sports (eating a sausage roll) who pointed out the players wives. We continued round and sat on a statue base, little did we know it was by the media door. All of a sudden a bloke walked upto the door in a sheep skin coat with his microphone in hand, we shouted Motty, he turned round and acknowledged us.
There is no other commentator, especially in today’s society who would have got the reaction from us as he did.

9 Likes

Former Commons Speaker Betty Boothroyd dies

Back when the speaker of the commons was both feared and respected.

6 Likes

I will be honest in that I do not know much about her. Via the news I heard an audio of her promoting herself for the role, although the clip was short, the language she used was forthright.
At a time where there was still a stigma associated in putting a woman in power, her achievements are more remarkable.

2 Likes

Haaland was seen bolting from the Bristol City stadium. It’s not known if he plans to travel to America to pay respects to his relative.

Here’s Betty Boothroyd speaking recently about Brexit and Johnson. Easy to see why she was feared and respected. Unafraid of speaking truth to power.

5 Likes

RIP Just, no doubt a record that’ll be incredibly hard to beat.

5 Likes

I’m really, really sad because of this, he was a great actor, 61 is no age… Rest in peace.

3 Likes

Manchester United’s title challenge Feb 2023 - 5th March 2023.

R.I.P.

5 Likes
1 Like

I knew a few of the band died in a plane crash, but I never knew that he was the last of the original members.

7 Likes

RIP Chaim Topol… (87yrs young)

5 Likes

Did she see it coming I wonder?

2 Likes

Maybe Nostradamus did?

1 Like

Loved that song RIP

Septic Peg lol