The R.I.P. thread

High jumper Dick Fosbury has died. There are very few individuals who have fundamentally changed their sports but high jumping really can be defined as pre and post Flop.

6 Likes

Daughter of former West Ham co-owner, David Gold, who died just a few months ago.

Lance Reddick (aged 60) - The Wire

RIP

6 Likes

No!

A criminally underused actor (and a real beefcake in his prime)

3 Likes

No way :frowning_face:

2 Likes

He was excellent in Bosch.

Rest in peace.

3 Likes

I’ve been playing the online game Destiny for nearly a decade, and Lance did the VA for a very prominent character, which guarantees his lines would be heard almost every time one would play. He’s not one of the most famous actors lost, yet I’ve heard his voice more regularly than any other over recent years. I am quite hit by his loss

1 Like

He brought excellent gravitas to Fringe also. RIP Lance.

2 Likes

Damn.
First Omar then Cedric.
RIP :cry:

2 Likes

He was great as Zavala. He was also a huge fan of the game too playing through almost all of the content.

RIP Kathy Bishop (Johns mum).

3 Likes

And also of Eddie Bishop who used to play for Tranmere. I never realised that they were related until John mentioned it in an interview.

4 Likes

BBC News - Paul O’Grady: TV presenter and comedian dies aged 67

Very sad about this one. I always loved his Lily Savage act and he came across as a lovely bloke.

4 Likes

Paul O’Grady - Aged 67yrs

RIP

2 Likes

Just thought I’d leave this here:

2 Likes

My nan is going to be absolutely distraught. Any time he was on the TV she’d be straight on the phone to my mum demanding she tuned in. RIP.

2 Likes

I personally never found him that funny, but watching him interview people in his chat show and presenter roles he always came across as someone that was very caring and compassionate which is something I think everyone should try to be.

RIP

2 Likes

RIP Paul O’Grady, one Britain’s well loved personalities. He was very witty and yes, I also found him very likeable and kind as presenter on talk showsaway from his alter ego of Lily Savage.

RIP Paul.

1 Like

he only signed up to a new radio station last week.
rip

2 Likes