The R.I.P. thread

Aw shit, just read that Jim Brown just passed.

I mentioned it the other day in the film thread that after watching One Night in Miami it was a bit weird to think he was the only main character still alive to see it and comment on its accuracy.

1 Like

My favourite band. I met my now wife on a Smiths fan group on Myspace 17 years ago.

Rourke was a massively underrated bassist, even amongst diehard fans, with Morrissey and Marr taking all the plaudits, but there were four people in The Smiths and they all brought something spectacular to the table.

5 Likes

I’ve been watching an old concert by Cream’s Jack Bruce on German TV.

I noticed that his lyricist Pete Brown was participating. It turns out that he actually died yesterday:

4 Likes

RIP Ray Stevenson

Titus Pullo :face_holding_back_tears:

Nothing yet for Martin Amis?

RIP. Regardless of what you think of him personally, the world would be richer if we had more who could write like him. Perhaps if we celebrated outstanding writers more rather than mediocre actors or singers that would be a start.

4 Likes

Not so sure as RIP but more good riddance.

Having said that, he was the one conviction in the Yewtree operation that really surprised me.

2 Likes

Jake the Peg has Pegged it…

Tina Turner has just passed, at the age of 83.

Rest in peace.

6 Likes

Brilliant woman.
Absolutely brilliant.

7 Likes

RIP Tina Turner
A one off performer and absolute Star

Only watched her in Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome at the weekend as well… Spooky

6 Likes

this is saddening, my childhood was laced with her music. Getting to stay up late at 10yo to watch the Grammy Awards, Tina was front and centre at the time. She was epic in Thunderdome, a consummate professional artist despite the spousal abuse during her early years. Her music is a classic of her generation. Timeless

4 Likes

Simply the best.

4 Likes

Oh, Tina, what a true legend, R.I.P.
As a sidenote, she lived in Cologne for a few years, her husband is from here.

5 Likes

better than all the rest. better than everyone.

5 Likes
3 Likes

A true great, may she rest in peace. I remember Simply the Best for one wrong reason among the million right ones - when Man United celebrated their title in 2009, they played that song at Old Trafford. Rarely have I felt that jealous because it’s a perfect song and it’s sung by a wonderful, wonderful lady.

4 Likes

She was the sort of star who other stars were star struck by.

https://twitter.com/JarettSays/status/1661447948390260736?s=20

2 Likes

Tina Turner was such a musical pioneer with her powerful, unique style and stage presence. Her life story of triumph over adversity was an inspiration to millions of people.

Her impact will be felt for generations to come in the music industry and beyond.

RIP Tina Turner. Queen of Rock and Soul.

6 Likes
3 Likes