The R.I.P. thread

Rest in Peace
Brilliant writer

3 Likes

He played for Arsenal in the first game I saw at Anfield. Doesn’t seem that long ago.

2 Likes

Firstly… RIP to those poor people who just seemed to be in the wrong place at the wrong time - could have been any of us, or any of our family.
However…
News reporter giving giving some sombre updated news on those unfortunate people killed in Nottingham… Some imbecile of a woman, attention seeking, comes dancing and showing herself off in the background…!
There is a video, but fuck her, I am not giving her any added attention beyond this picture, of what is, such a despicable creature.
Some people are just sick eh

2 Likes

Worse, they walk among and they breed. Sad! :frowning_face:

Glenda Jackson has died aged 87:

Definitely one of the leading actresses of her generation and also local: she was originally from Birkenhead.

5 Likes

Former Scotland International Gordon McQueen has died:

I was just discussing him with my cousin the other week. He was injured during the 1978 World Cup finals. whether it would have made any difference to Scotland’s fortunes during that is another matter.

3 Likes

I remember he was Man U’s top scorer one season, which said a great deal about the attacking players.

2 Likes

The original Slabhead.

She was a good 'un Glenda. R.I.P.

Just out of curiosity , would I be right in thinking that when somebody’s demise is described as coming after a ‘brief illness’ , might that be a euphemism for a late diagnosis cancer ?

It could be but generally it means that the person had been in good health until recently rather than having eventually died from a chronic illness or died suddenly (e.g. from a cardiac arrest)

It’s possible that the official cause of death hasn’t been decided so “brief” covers the obituary writers.

we would have won the world cup!

RIP Gordon McQueen.

1 Like

Archie Gemill and his weaving run against Holland, showing great dribbling skills and a neat finish over the goalie. One of my earliest footballing memories.

RIP Gordon McQueen.

I haven’t read the obituaries, but I remember reading a peace a while ago, where his daughter was interviewed, and she talked about dementia, and all the heading.

Food for thought.

1 Like

She had a very full and successful life for someone who grew up in a two-up two-down house with an outside toilet in Hoylake.

4 Likes
3 Likes

BBC News - Julian Sands: British actor’s body identified after long search on mountain

This is sad although I am glad that there is some closure for his family.

2 Likes
7 Likes

RIP Yossarian

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1674783493233192962?t=GbQiwTmURMkKwK-zep9hPw&s=19

3 Likes

Some of his YouTube shorts helped me in the gym but he openly admitted to take steroids so no surprise he’s gone so early.

Was going to put this in The What’s Cooking Thread but thought better of it…!
MODS please move, if even this thread is unsuitable :flushed:

‘Boil in the bag’ cremations to be rolled out in UK with bodies dissolved in 4 hours - Daily Star

Personally wouldn’t be my preference, but each to their own, my uncle Ben thinks it’s a great idea.