The R.I.P. thread

I personally couldn’t give a toss what happens to my body once it’s dead.
Why would you?

Very sad news :frowning: , RIP John.

Nothing new, organised crime gangs have been providing this service for decades.

Rest in Peace Jane Birkin.

8 Likes

One beautiful bit of music that.

2 Likes

So beautiful that it was banned by the Vatican at the time… :rofl:

RIP Jane, you beauty!

1 Like

Anthony Dominick Benedetto - AKA, Tony Bennet has died. Aged 96

RIP

8 Likes

Good innings for the old crooner. Kept working until the end. Gave us some of the songs that formed the soundtrack of our lives, or our parent’s lives.

RIP

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/alzassociation/status/1682404066817904641?t=qEIzL27fIYjc881CHJuGeQ&s=09

Really loved Tony Bennett’s easy listening music. He had a beautiful voice, so calming and relaxing.

RIP Tony, thank you for the music legacy you left behind.

3 Likes

The BBC newsreader, George Alagiah, has passed away age 67yrs.

2 Likes

Trevor Francis has died.

4 Likes

blimey thats no age. Has he been unwell?

1 Like

It said he had a heart attack this morning which came as a shock to the family, so I’m guessing not.

Edit - according to his bio he had a heart attack in 2012 so he may have had underlying problems. Obviously it was still unexpected.

1 Like

Sorry didn’t see your post…

Hard to find nice people in life and he seems to have been…

3 Likes

Completely forgot he had played for City too.

1 Like

I bought one of his tracksuits from a mush in Shepherd’s Bush.

R.I.P.

Trevor Francis was one of the best strikers of his generation. An important goal threat in making a provincial Nottingham Forest team League and European champions.

69 is no age. RIP.

8 Likes

Reading the Francis obit in the Guardian reminds me just how much of a bully and right bastard was Brian Clough.

1 Like

Rest in Peace

3 Likes

It’s a very dark week for Forest with Francis having died yesterday. 49 is far too young.

4 Likes