The R.I.P. thread

Rest in peace, Sir Bobby Charlton. A true footballing great whose legacy will live on.

The thoughts of everyone at Liverpool Football Club are with Sir Bobby’s family, friends and everyone at Manchester United.

2 Likes

Unusually poignant comments from Phil Neville on the us coverage that touches on what I saw as well about how he was a hero to his dad for his football but became a hero to him for who he was a person and mentor. It’s rare a sportsman is held in that esteem by multiple generations

3 Likes

Rest In Peace Sir Booby. As others have said, a true legend and a gentleman. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

A Freudian slip? :grin: :grin:

RIP Sir Bobby Charlton.

A true great of the game and from all reports a genuine nice guy.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Remember him well. Quite a character off the pitch too.

4 Likes

Just read Bill Kenwright has died…cannot verify it…but wasn’t he in Coronation Street…and at some other soap opera…

2 Likes

It’s just been confirmed and yes he was in Coronation Street many years ago.

1 Like

Just been confirmed on beeb. RIP

6 Likes

I’m not fully up on where it went wrong with Everton for Bill. I know he did love them, and his club was in his heart, but then there were lots of bad decisions, and I’m not sure if he feathered his own nest or not, but I do know a lot of fans turned on him.

So at that point I was sad for him, as he did seem like a true blue, but he could not get the club on a good footing and close to where the fans hoped they would be.

Anyway, RIP fella.

5 Likes

The abuse that man had to endure was disgusting. He made a huge success of his life and was a good man. I well remember his Hillsborough speech and the ovation from the Kop.

No marks on social media abusing and mocking people they don’t even know. Always makes me sick…

10 Likes

Shaft - Richard Roundtree, widely considered to have played one of the first black action heroes, has died at the age of 81.

Roundtree passed away at his home in Los Angeles on Tuesday (October 24). He had suffered from a number of cancer diagnoses throughout his life, including pancreatic cancer, which he eventually lost his battle to, according to his long term manager, Patrick McMinn.

6 Likes
8 Likes

Rip

1 Like

That’s really sad. I’ve had many years of problems with addiction myself, lost a lot of friends to addiction, and I admired how openly and genuinely he talked about it.

7 Likes

Have you heard him tell the story of how he resorted to spending his weekends going to open houses all over LA so he just sneak off into the bathrooms and rifle through the drawers looking for pills he could pocket?

The desperation someone must have to organize your life around being able to do that is unthinkable

2 Likes

Not sure it’s appropriate here but I’ll miss these:

Used to love Caramac when I was a kid, but I tried one recently and they are far too sweet.

2 Likes

Do you think they changed the recipe in the last hundred years?

2 Likes