The R.I.P. thread

https://x.com/OK_Magazine/status/1753528858077209058?s=20

I loved watching ’ a place in the sun’ and Jonnie Irwin was my favourite presenter. He was too young to go. RIP Jonnie Irwin. Your tv show really made my rainy days at home more bright and cosy and feeling I was transported to these sunny destinations.

5 Likes
5 Likes

I’ve often wondered the same thing. I hadn’t realised he had done a lot of TV though

Just heard about Connnor Bradleys dad…how sad…hope he saw the goal…so so sad…

7 Likes
6 Likes

Apparently he had 41 children :roll_eyes:

I take it “family man” was a somewhat ironic nickname. Surprised he had any time to make music.

2 Likes

I take it contraception wasn’t readily available in Jamaica at that time.

I’m looking forward to that Bob Marley biopic. I believe it is centred around the Exodus album when they are exiled in London. Barrett played on that but I don’t know if it is significant in the film.

Pretty sure the film will be a Bob hagiography, but the rest of the Wailers were important too.

1 Like

Just saw in this thread that Andre Braugher passed away. Somehow escaped my notice earlier.

Unbelievably good actor.

2 Likes

He retired at just 27… a true great.

2 Likes

Ian Lavender - Private Pike in Dad’s Army amongst his other roles - Aged 77yrs

RIP

He was the last one left on parade for a long time.

What a great programme. I still find it very funny. Classic British comedy.

3 Likes

It’s one of the few long running comedies that remained funny from start to end.

I can remember seeing him in a theatre production in Liverpool years ago which I have forever erroneously referred to as “the one with Pike in”!

3 Likes

RTE news : Former Taoiseach John Bruton dies after long illness

http://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2024/0206/1430700-john-bruton/

62 is so young. RIP

1 Like

I do recall that he provided a useful link between John Major and elements of the Irish Republican movement that it was difficult to have direct links with. It ultimately didn’t pan out for them but he did demonstrate how it was possible to have difficult discussions. Sad to see that he has passed.

3 Likes

Actor David Jayston has passed away. He was excellent in Tinker Taylor all those years ago. A good and underrated actor imo. He also had a great singing voice and starred in the west end theatre production of The Sound Of Music as Captain Von Trapp I believe. RIP.

1 Like

Wasn’t he “Mr Ben” on childrens afternoon tv…well the voice of…not literally…

I think you mean Michael Jayston…

1 Like