The R.I.P. thread

Are they not the same person…put Michael Jayston in the dreaded wikipedia…and David Jayston appeared…:joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I met Michael Jayston at a Doctor Who fan convention last year. He had a great rapport with Colin Baker although a couple of his anecdotes had everyone cringing as he skirted around “doing a racism”!

A very funny guy and a great tradition booming stage voice.

Yep My Bad.

Yeah good obit here:

2 Likes

The main thing this news reminded me of is how much of a fucking dude Kris Kristopherson is

1 Like

sad to hear of Steve Wrights passing,

he got me through many a boring afternoon at work with his Radio 2 show,

i am sure i was listening to him on the radio at the weekend

3 Likes

Just found out about Steve Wright. Sad business. I listened to Steve Wright in the afternoon back in the day, and would still catch his love songs stuff from overseas via the Beeb. He was fun and witty and light, and just kept it all flowing. Easy to listen to, which made him a talented broadcaster.

Genuinely sad to hear this news. RIP.

2 Likes

That sounds very sudden. What a great shame. I always liked Steve Wright, I’m sure I heard him when I was last in the UK.

A friend of mine is a mechanic and he said that they always had his show on the radio in the workshop. Apparently, it was a bit of a liability. They ended up downing tools to listen every time “Mr Angry” came on.

1 Like

Agreed.
Really enjoyed listening to him on Radio One before it became dogshit.
RIP

2 Likes

Reading the tributes, many of them touch on an intangible quality that he had. He made you feel like he was your mate. You were part of the gang. That’s an incredibly rare thing. You can’t manufacture or train it. You have it or your don’t.

I always listened to Steve Wright when I got home from school. The humour was often a bit cringy and it wasn’t particularly sophisticated in hindsight, but there was a genuine warmth to it, and he was at the centre of that. When Steve Wright was on the radio, you felt invited and welcomed.

2 Likes

Rest in Peace Andreas ‘Andi’ Brehme.

Heart attack at 63.

4 Likes

https://x.com/QPR/status/1761472461999079469?t=cvaqGwpNfBWIxnc-5ax1qw&s=09

RIP Stan

7 Likes

Great player and quite a character…was always exciting to watch…

1 Like

Brilliant player and a really nice bloke. Met him a couple of times at QPR matches and functions. Also randomly bumped into him at the chippy once!

Rest in peace, Stan.

2 Likes

He was an exceptional player, i am surprised he never got many caps for England.

QPR was my local team at nursery and Primary school, due to my early years of living in Acton.

Rangers fans are on the whole really nice. There is something special about Loftus Road stadium.

4 Likes

As I’ve mentioned before, QPR are my second team. Used to go a lot when my mate or his missus (they both held season tickets, but only he goes now as they have kids) couldn’t go- I would get first refusal on the spare.

We would sometimes use their hospitality suite, W12, and Stan would sometimes be the guest. Also met him at a couple of other club events; some of the stories he’d tell would have you in stitches!

3 Likes

How lovely, he must have been quite a charismatic and interesting character, lucky you.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Dave Myers: The Hairy Bikers star, who had cancer, dies at 66 - BBC News

Seemed like a nice bloke and I enjoyed some of their cooking programs.

1 Like

I always enjoyed their programmes. He did seem like a genuinely nice guy. I thought he was on the mend too :pensive:

1 Like

Yeah, they both always came accross as genuinely nice guys.

RIP