The R.I.P. thread

Horrendous disease.

His outlook after diagnosis really was inspiring.

14 Likes

RIP Rob Burrows, brave and inspirational to all of us. Condolences to the family.:palms_up_together::pray:

2 Likes

RIP - Colin Gibb - Singer + Guitar Player from Black Lace - 70yrs young

I guess he leaves his stamp on all of us that have ever been to a wedding reception eh…

Taken from the comments section:
Brain: listen to agadoo
Me: why?
Brain: just do it

3 Likes

The actor, William Russell has died. He is possibly best known as Ian Chesterton in the first two series of Doctor Who, including the very first episode in 1963.

He was also the last surviving cast member of The Great Escape.

5 Likes

RIP to doctor Mosley and all my sympathy and condoléances to his family the best unfortunately seem to always go first

5 Likes

Too young to be taken. RIP to Matija Sarkic aged 26 years :pray::palms_up_together: Thoughts and condolences to all his family, his friends and footballing family. :heart:

https://x.com/AttackingFooty/status/1801888277948928270?t=Slo1QWLfNXKAxg645wNWLQ&s=09

7 Likes

Another sad loss. Not a good day for the footballing family.
One of the best, a true gentleman and wonderful human being, one of the best guys in football. RIP Kevin Campbell. :pray: :palms_up_together: :heart:

https://x.com/dan_batemannn/status/1801902652101361849?t=J4JVDyzqbtTBpKO8gkUyAA&s=09

11 Likes

Musician Paul Spencer, “Dario G”, has died:

4 Likes

Rest in Peace

5 Likes

Named after Dario Grady, a throw back to a simpler time when English football was confused over an English coach wanting his players to pass the ball to a team mate’s feet.

2 Likes

Donald Sutherland :pensive:

3 Likes

Acclaimed actor Donald Sutherland dies aged 88

Canadian actor Donald Sutherland has died aged 88 following “a long illness”, his agent CAA confirmed to the PA news agency.

RIP

11 Likes

R.I.P.

Was awarded the honorary award in 2017 but never won an Oscar for a role - shocking.

7 Likes

An influencer in death as well as life:

It was the sixth fatality since the death of BBC TV presenter Michael Mosley, whose body was found on the island of Symi on 9 June.

An 80-year-old Belgian man was found dead near the ancient city of Lato in eastern Crete a few days later, followed by a 55-year-old Dutch man who was found dead in his car on the edge of a cliff in the island’s south-east on 19 June, according to ERT, the Greek state broadcaster.

A 74-year-old Dutch man was found dead on the island of Samos on 15 June, followed by a 55-year-old American man near the island of Corfu the following day.

In addition, two French women aged 73 and 64 have been missing on the island of Sikinos for more than a week, while a 59-year-old American man visiting the island of Amorgos remains unaccounted for since 11 June.

2 Likes

Mícheál Ó Muircheartaigh, the voice of Gaelic sports since 1948, has died at the age of 93. Some of his lines were legendary, and he was one of the most famous people in Ireland for many.

Rest in peace.

6 Likes

Michaèl was much loved and was far from being an idiot. He promoted the Irish language and delivered his commentary with a brilliant sense of humour, timing and supreme knowledge.

I was never a massive GAA fan, but this mans legacy and impact on Irish culture deserves a huge amount of respect.
A legend whose imact on the culture of Ireland is massive. Rest in Peace.

6 Likes

Jack Rowell has passed. His tenure with England in the mid-late 90s was probably the last time I enjoyed watching them

2 Likes
3 Likes
8 Likes

Nashville :heart_eyes:

3 Likes