The R.I.P. thread

1 Like

Thatā€™s weird. I was watching an American version of The Masked Singer last night and she was suggested as the identity of one of the celebrities. Iā€™d assumed that she died years ago.

RIP Richard Simmons.

1 Like

Rest in Peace Shannen Doherty.

Fucking cancer. :confused:

3 Likes

Norm Hewitt, Rest In Peace.

4 Likes

RIP DJ Tomcraft

1 Like

Welsh snooker legend, Ray Reardon, dies aged 91.

7 Likes

As a kid I was convinced he was Dracula. I mean look at this and tell me you would invite him into your houseā€¦

3 Likes

Heā€™s holding some sort of cross though, which would be out of character to say the least.

3 Likes

Thereā€™ll be no more spook perv happenings in the snooker hall. :confused:

Rest in peace, Ray. A legend of the sport and a true gentleman.

3 Likes

The Queenā€™s mark on the MBE robs it of any Dracula repelling qualities.

1 Like

Are you saying they are all part of it?
Makes sense if you think about Prince Phil.

I remember Ray Reardon well. Seemed like a top bloke. I first became familiar with snooker later on in his career, when he battled the likes of John Spencer. Inspired me to get a 6ft snooker table for Christmas and I would play for hours with my brothers.

RIP.

5 Likes

Remember watching him on Pot Black on a black & white TV along with John Pulman and Rex Williams
RIP Ray

4 Likes

In my late teens, I worked as a sports organiser at a Pontins holiday park and as part of my duties I had to meet, introduce various sports stars and Ray Reardon was the snooker star that visited weekly. Part of his visit was to meet the punters and play an exhibition match, normally against the snooker competition winner.

Whilst he was generally a pleasure to meet, one time he wasnā€™t playing too well and in a huff he asked me to tell a father with a baby, that kept lightly crying, to leave even though it was only an exhibition game.

That always stuck with me and left a sour taste.

Another guy I met and was a complete gentleman was Ray Kennedy, really nice fella and great to talk to and also introduced me to port and lemon.

3 Likes

Another one goneā€¦

4 Likes

I was just about to post that. Heā€™s one of those artists that I started listening to just because of the number of top rated musicians who had ā€œstint in the Bluesbrakersā€ on their bio.

A massive influence on British music in general.

4 Likes

My mum just called me to say that local legend Peter Morgan died this morning after complications from a stroke a couple of months back. His mum was my second year teacher in primary school. A succession of injuries limited him to only a handful of caps for Wales, but he still represented the Lions in 81 and is regarded as by most the most talented player ever from West of Llanelli.

6 Likes

I must admit that I have only read The Country Girls, but her works have been widely celebrated over the decades.

My condolences to her family and friends.

3 Likes

R.I.P.

93 - thatā€™s a long life.

Youā€™re 18 years older. How much longer do we have to put up with you?:grimacing:

3 Likes