The Random Football Debate Thread

Nations League possibly, although not 100% sure, but there is also Asia Cup next June.

*Asia Cup was ment to be next June, but due to China giving it up, and it going to Qatar, not sure if they will change the dates or not

Be kind of laughable if they don’t.

3 Likes

Good a place as any, I guess.

“This is a man who built a museum in his hometown on Madeira to memorialize his accomplishments, and then built a new one because he decided the first wasn’t big enough.”

from

2 Likes

Are we paying them the loan fee in the summer (hope so :wink:)

Assume they will be reborn their fans will pretend nothing ever happened and they want their trophies.

Strangely if Rangers happened today they’d probably have to start in the Lowland league, if not lower as they now have Promotion and Relegation

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClyzmFJMdtc/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Guidetti spent some parts of his childhood in Kenya (I believe his parents were aid workers).

Recently went back and recreated the picture with some of his friends from back then.

1 Like

José Mourinho on his Inter Milan time, remembering an incident with Brazilian right-back Maicon,

“I remember a game in Siena with Maicon. They said he always got a fifth yellow to be suspended at Christmas, so he could go on vacation to Brazil. I went to him and said that if he got a yellow, he wouldn’t be going on vacation; I’m not an idiot.

He asked if he scored, could he go? I said ‘No, only if you score two.’ In the game, he scored two goals, received a yellow card for taking his shirt off, and went on vacation. I also gave him an extra week off."

3 Likes

Oh, you’re in the big-time now, fella.

Interesting story on the age fabrication scandal in Cameroon and Etoo’s role in trying to stamp it out

Regarding the test they use, it is absolutely insane to use that to pretend it has such sensitivity and is likely causing more harm than good.

1 Like

The giveaways were that the ‘supposed’ under 17s were to communicative and not stroppy arseholes like normal teenagers. :thinking::nerd_face:

Wales captain Gareth Bale retires from football - BBC Sport

Celebrate Will Smith GIF

He had a brilliant career. Tarnished a bit by the last few seasons at Madrid though. Always enjoyed watching him.

3 Likes

Didn’t he say post-WC that he doesn’t plan to retire from international football, etc.?

Gareth Bale denies England clash at 2022 Qatar World Cup will be his last for Wales before retirement | Sports Glitz

Hide the android boxes and burn the firesticks the rozzers are coming

This independent panel :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

According to Deloitte, West Ham, Leicester City and Everton are among the highest grossing 20 clubs in the world. It’s possible all three may be playing in the Championship next season.

1 Like

This could get nasty…