The Random Football Debate Thread

The Albert,Former Players and Managers thread.

2 Likes

Former players and managers - general discussion

Happy to help :slight_smile:

You got me on ignore or something mate.

1 Like

I’d already told him where the thread is and you missed that so i pretended you had me on ignore to have a little shit joke,it was obviously worked as a shit joke as you didn’t get it,i’m brilliant.

4 Likes

Do they play CB!!!

1 Like

You crack me up my friend.

Actually, since learning to add GIF and links; I have become somewhat obsessed about using them.

4 Likes

Can you actually believe it lads and lassies Coote is back in VAR room for our game against Leicester FA taking the piss now. This guy is responsible for allowing GBH on a football field hence we lost our best CH to add insult to injury he disallows the winning goal. We complained about this but they totally ignored us. Do you all still believe we will be allowed to win the league again?

4 Likes

I want to know what the club is going to do about it. Would be worth a big fine to make it clear that any even half contentious decisions will bring the game into disrepute and perhaps result in public levying of claims of bias and corruption. It’s a nuclear option but the FA haven’t been reasonable and need something to lose to make them rethink.

2 Likes

This could work out in our favour too. I mean that he is so afraid to be labelled a Liverpool hater that his decisions go our way, with all the injuries and stuff that goes on we could use some help. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Something for you to clutch at.

1 Like

While the premier league have a large list of issues that need rectifying regards the poor standard of refereeing and VAR administration they provide… (far too many to go into detail on here)… there is one area in particular however, that I would like to draw attention to… that being the relatively ‘small’ pool of officials they seem hidebound and limited to draw from…
Again, without going chapter and verse, and unsure whether this is a problem that has crept up on their administration and caught them with their pants down, due to the condensed methods of this relentless fixture programme… but in short, if players can’t perform to/at their best due to the physical and mental demands of a condensed fixture programme, why are we expected to accept or believe the officials are any different…!!!
Are these same fatigue issues a ‘real’ cause of concern for a deterioration in officiating…?
For example, how many of us knew that Michael Oliver was still in Russia on the Thursday after officiating a match there until the early hours… when, ‘hey presto’ he is walking out at Anfield on Saturday to referee the early morning derby kick-off with Everton MMA FC…!
This is a referee, in the normal course of events, runs the same amount of mileage per 90mins as James Milner does, but has a higher percentage of short sprints…! No one is superhuman…!!!
Is it any wonder and could this be the real reason he never saw the challenge on Virgil…!
As for Cootes… he did fail to reach the physical expectations set down by the governing bodies a while back, thus suspended(it is well documented) maybe he still struggling with this, who knows… hence the pipe, slippers armchair and feet up environment of the VAR cinema club for him…!
If ramifications of this gross incompetence weren’t so serious to the endeavours and fortunes of LFC, it would could bring about a wry smile… Unfortunately, this ineptitude is another hurdle to face.

2 Likes

VAR seems to provide the perfect opportunity for the professional game to include physically disabled referees. Not sure Cootes’ physical conditioning is that relevant, more likely he’s just shit. There’ll be loads of physically disabled referees who’d do a better job.

3 Likes

I doubt that will phase him as he came back before from horrendous decisions to commit even worse ones he is a wrecking ball and we also seem to get Manchester refs with monotonous regularity
They are using VAR as a big stick to beat us with even ESPN have confirmed that we are the team that lost out big time from VAR and refs stupid decisions.

1 Like

He’s registered as an official for the FA so technically yes.

4 Likes

Just trying to find some silver lighting in these horrible weeks for our club. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

All good, but do the defenders consider David Luiz as role models?

6 Likes

Good old BBC keeping standards high.
Jimmy Saville would be proud.

2 Likes

Eh? I hear that comment all the time on TV commentary. Since when has it become a no no?

3 Likes