The Random Football Debate Thread

Interesting to look at some prices from the past, inflation included. Gives a good context of the time.

NOTE: This is from last spring, so it’s without last summer’s and this January’s transfer window. Unfortunately, there wasn’t one made for Liverpool.

I did screenshots of these, sorry not to post them earlier!

3 Likes

I’ve always said that Ferguson used to spend quite a lot of money, here’s the partial proof!

Anyway, looking at the prices after inflation, I’m kind of scared to see how much Collymore, Cisse and Carroll would cost in today’s money. :fearful:

How is arsenal’s most expensive player not on their list?

It’s a year old.

Pepe signed in 2019

1 Like

Was just about post that

What would ours look like?

VVD
Becker
Carroll
Torres
Nunez
Suarez
Salah
Firmino
Mane
Aquilani

???

Edit: Robbie Keane?

Good notice, yeah maybe it has a few mistakes. Although maybe Pepe wasn’t as expensive as first reported, but you’d still imagine him being in the list.

Jakub Jankto
Czech Republic international and Sparta Prague midfielder Jankub Jankto has officially come out as gay.

Jankto officially announced the news by revealing a video on Twitter on Monday and is the highest profile footballer to publicly come out while playing since Josh Cavallo of Adelaide United and Jake Daniels of Blackpool.

4 Likes

Wow.

Very brave move considering the league. European fans can be utter dogshit towards anyone that is different, so this is quiet big.

2 Likes

Some of the comments about this team on a FB group:

“Half of this team will get red card for fighting by themselves”

“With this kind of team even the Ref is in danger”

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

with four CB and no FB, they’d be piling over themselves in the middle of the pitch.

are there really no FB in history more aggravating than Deigo Godin?

Before anyone I’d stick Paolo Montero in there

One you want the ref to win.

1 Like

Who signs off on the way some of this shit is written??

“However, in the Tottenham technical area stood a square-jawed, shaven-headed Scot, eyes burning, dentures grinding.” :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

I’ve told this story before, but a good mate of mine played for St Johnson during the time a young Gattuso was at Rangers. Dave was an old fashioned brutish CB, stood 6’4" and even at his playing peak was 15-16 stone. He has a pic in his home office of Gattuso reaching up as high as he could and grabbing him by the throat trying to start a fight :rofl:

1 Like

:money_with_wings:unanimously :money_with_wings:

Hope we boycott

1 Like

Small man syndrome