The Random Football Debate Thread

I know it probably wouldnt have been considered polite, but how can you have that conversation, with the valid point Carra is raising, and not have Henry address whether he got a salary raise when he left the prem to move to Barca.

Regardless, while I feel Carra is making a good point, Im not sure they’re focusing on the right bits. The real effect of this spending imbalance is not at the top end of the CL. It is the level down. It is the that things that have been done to the game enabling the biggest clubs in those league to keep up have crippled the domestic competition in those leagues. As mentioned a few weeks ago - Gary Medal leaving a competitive Seville side to sign for Cardiff City - that is the level at which the finances breaks the game, as results in further destabilization of those other leagues.

1 Like

The Rafa masterclass

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMYkBpq7Q/

To be fair, it’s called Copa America and not Copa Sul America.

This just in. Tottenham are more profitable than Man United but are worse less money. Nothing about us in this story, which is a pity.

2 Likes

You can’t even have a quick wank somewhere. :joy:

Might’ve improved the experience for some.

Apparently he had similar number installed at the training ground of the Blueshite… Yeah he was fed-up having his car ‘keyed’ by his own fans and he was desperate to catch the culprits :0)

1 Like

WTF is all that with Barcelona. This is so shady, I don’t know what to say.

Bartomeu paid Negreira to protect everyone else. Don’t worry about it.

1 Like

United have had Howard Webb for years on their payroll …

1 Like

This is being discussed in the La Liga thread, but while there certainly appears to be a motive of corruption from Barca, the real issue here is the league and ref’s organization. These payments are ostensibly over the table to a public company that offers services that it is understandable a club would want. If the simple reporting of these payments is worthy of scandal, then the presence of the ref owning that company while having his ref position is a defacto CoI and it is on the league and the ref’s org to have not proactively addressed that

3 Likes

Does anyone know exacty, has Modrić ever lost a game against Liverpool? No matter how much I respect him and Ancelotti, I’ll be glad to see the back of both of them!

May '09 and Jan '10, both at Anfield.

8 Likes

I doff my hat to you, sir!

3 Likes

Oh yeah, that first was our last league game in 08/09 and the second one was when we beat them with a Kuyt brace, Philipp Degen playing on the right wing.

:joy:

Aquilani’s best game in a Liverpool shirt from my memory. I still can’t recall Modrić playing in either game, though (but I’ll never forget that thunderbastard of a strike when they thrashed us 4:0 at White Hart Lane).

2 Likes