The Random Football Debate Thread

Yeah it got a bit like that, really enjoyed last season but after the final I was like ah well nevermind. I was working so I couldn’t watch it and I know in the past it would have been hard to take, that night just felt ok. I’d been buzzing if we had won but I’d have wanted to lock myself away say if we had lost Spurs.

The title hurt because of how it happened, if it had been routine as I expected then I doubt that would have felt bad and the FA Cup win tempered that as we don’t win it enough and it was a special win.

I want us to lift it in front of our fans and I don’t think we are that far off from that again (Home form Vs away form is a puzzle).

As for this season see how it goes, I’m travelling Tuesday so could see an hour of Chelsea or just spend time with my parents as I arrive back home for Easter (probably be the latter) and I’ll watch Arsenal as I expect it will be a good game.

I’ll see what happens, though the official site owes me some Liverpool goals.

More to do with football in general for me.
Chelsea, then City & PSG, and now Newcastle. Guaranteed large sections of our fanbase would be wanking themselves silly at the prospect of an oil buy out
Then the past and future World Cups, proposed European Super league, Europa Conference league (whatever the fuck that is).
Football is becoming a chore these days, it’s just basically not as enjoyable as it was for me, and I could see myself easily walking away from the game.

I agree.
And I would walk from football in general, but not specifically from Liverpool.

I am talking about people who are discarding this season, and waiting for Bellingham, Mount, Caicedo, Mbappe etc to be signed in the summer.
The general point is you need to weather the lows in order to qualify for the highs.

But I get your point on football.
Throw in bias and corruption and there are plenty of reasons to walk away.

4 Likes
1 Like

Captain Karma strikes again.

Should give him the job and get it over with

1 Like

Give him Rafa, so Ronaldo gets another USB analysis of his free kicks into the wall or off target in the last who knows how many years.

:joy:

:astonished: :astonished:

1 Like

Backup for Robbo next season?

We also have the throw-in coach.

:joy:

Tony Pullis will have his team getting him in to teach technique :joy:

That would be epic. I think Ronaldo would improve so much under Rafa. With his athleticism he’s a natural left back. :joy:

Godmanchester Rovers?

Dear me

It’s a real place.

1 Like

I figured as much, just as a name for a team…

I used to be able to do that, before I got old. Could hit the pen spot with the ball still 8ft off the ground. Unfortunately I separated both shoulders in my late 30s and those days are gone now

1 Like

:rofl:

Gonna make Tony Pulis come out of retirement.

Dear me, he’s really starting to embarrass himself over there.

Top money, but the more I see or read about what’s happening there, the more I feel this is not quite going how he imagined it would be.

Results, some his actions, Messi chants, opponents provoking him by telling him he’s overpaid, etc.

I would expect that he would cope much better and much colder, having been at the top level almost all his career.

But maybe he just can’t accept that he will “end” like this.

2 Likes

He’ll just have to hang up his boots and become a full time sex pest. He’s already got his certification.

He’s always been a cunt. He just got away with it because he was a freak athlete.

He’s not a freak athlete anymore.

To quote Juan Villoro, ‘In this game, which allows for so much magic and wonder, Cristiano Ronaldo merely plays a sport.’

2 Likes