The Random Football Debate Thread

Everyone’s aware of that.

He’s still had overall a successful career. More successful than 95% of PL footballers atleast.

2 Likes

Pundits writing articles bemoaning the attention paid to pundits.

2 Likes

Alternatively: attention-seeking journalist writes article denigrating attention-seeking journalists.

1 Like

I think there is a fair concern that we seem to be moving towards an American style punditry system. Arguing and saying things just to be inflammatory.

We dont need Steven A Smith etc. Its bullshit

4 Likes

arguing and/or mad bantz and laughing about what went on in the dressing room ‘back in the day’

the amount of posts, updates, anecdotes that follow the following basic line is nausiating

‘the time we were in the dressing room and the boss was like, ‘you guys need to effin man up and effin take pride’…so insert name here just insert appropriate action here- gets red card/says something blatant/scores 2 goals

1 Like

Fucking lofty. What a character.

1 Like

I remember being bored at Uni and going through football clubs with possible rude words in the name, some bloke randomly shouted across from another table the word “cunt”…

Had to be there to be fair.

There are only three.
Arsenal, Scunthorpe and Manchester United.

FIFY

1 Like

Well you could say “poo”
Which would include several teams

Where do you live MH? In the 1950s?

:wink:

1 Like

Adelaide says hi

It was about 20 years

Also it was school not University…:cry:

:joy:

But Diaby though. :heart_eyes:

Remember when he put in a MOTM display at Anfield in 2012.

Yeah those 3 games where he was fit and had rhythm, he was a monster

2 Likes

I’m not seeing Micah Richards here but then maybe it’s just his punditry that soiled my view of him.

Aurelio was one who could have been so much more for us.

2 Likes

Funny, yesterday I was thinking how Aurelio would be boss if he could be fit and playing in today’s hybrid role from full back into midfield. He’d be brilliant at that.

3 Likes

You didn’t mention his most significant traits: that he never needed time to recover his rhythm after injury, which would have an invaluable asset under Klopp, and that he would have kept good and frequent company to Sturridge, Lallana, Keita and Alcantara. Especially Alcantara…

1 Like