The Random Football Debate Thread

If I remember correctly, wasn’t Sami reluctant to take the armband in the first place and suggested Gerrard as the more suitable option to be captain after Gerrard had established himself in the team?

1 Like

dont remember that at all…(doesnt mean its not true though)…i just remember him being ok with the whole thing

They don’t make players like this anymore.

https://x.com/DirtyFootbaIIer/status/1828038936083767620

I’ve come across this many many times, and every time I stop to listen to it and laugh my arse off

https://x.com/bryansgunn/status/1627748130434187264

4 Likes

Ndidi and McGinn having fun.

3 Likes

Back in the day, in Australia, that was called getting Hopoated as nicknamed after John Hopoate

Any form of villainy, the Aussies always got there first.

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

He’s Tongan

*BloodyForeigners :wink:

1 Like

I bet he was a sweet and innocent kid before he arrived in Australia.

Led astray by a mob who can’t even pronounce Weetabix!

2 Likes

We can pronounce it, but choose to drop the ‘a’ to save time and effort. Work smarter, not harder!

It could be deemed sexual assault that.

But of course not a single footballer in the 92 league clubs or across Europe in the top divisions is gay so.

and piss people off from England at the same time.

That’s a win.

1 Like

Bloody foreigners.

Wasn’t there 1 that came out a couple of years back in the Championship?

Or had he quit the game before coming out?

The only ones I can remember coming out were Justin Fashanu and Thomas Hitzlsperger.

Jake Daniels.

1 Like

You love us.

1 Like

Nah. I don’t love anyone.

2 Likes

There was a few that came out post covid. Carvellho in Australia, 1 from Czech who from memory had captained the U/21 team and I seem to remember 1 from either Championship or League 1, but that may have been a former player (can’t remember)

Yep, that’s him. I didn’t realize he was so young when he came out. Balls of steele for someone so young to be comfortable and confident enough to come out