The Referees or The Twelfth Man

It doesn’t matter what anyone’s opinion of Anthony Taylor is, what happened at the airport is disgusting and indefensible.

5 Likes

I think it’s a deliberate full on deflection because his European streak is over. Blame it on someone else so his ego isn’t bruised. Didn’t watch a second of the match (like I won’t the CL) but it sounded as though Roma played like shithouses and got what they deserved.

I don’t understand how Italian clubs have never kopped any kind of European Ban for the behaviour of their fans.

1 Like

You lost me there

that might be about ot change

fan attacking officlals, i would imagine is a big NO NO.

Problem with the still is it’s a still on the still you’d give it but I’ve not seen a single clip of it I would give it on.

Mourinho should also cop a lengthy ban his reactions have incited this even more.

Just imagine if Jurgen had done the same

In today’s game (FA Cup Final) Casemiro goes studs in on Akanji and Tierney gives a free kick to Utd? VAR look at it and don’t change it? How is that not a ‘Clear and Obvious Error’? :man_shrugging::nerd_face:

1 Like

Don’t know, I’m only watching those wankers from Manchester when they play us but the fact that Tierney gets the final tells you everything what we will be facing next year, same shite different year.

3 Likes

The decision from the ref was free kick to Utd. VAR isn’t used to get involved in that level of decision so was only able to check if the challenge deserved a red. It cannot call attention to something only deemed a yellow and cannot be used to simply change the direction of a bog standard free kick

2 Likes

Did you think the challenge deserved a red card?

50/50, but I thought De Bruyne should have had a penalty when Fred brought him down

I did not see the game, but was commenting on why VAR wont overturn such decisions if there isnt a red card being recommended

Ok
I thought it should be red

I’d have said it’s not a certain red and hence why I see they didn’t overturn it.

What it isn’t was a Man Utd free kick but anyhow that’s with the ref on the field.

A proper referee, never took no shit and knew how to take control of the game.

Shame they’re far and few between.

https://twitter.com/JasonLFC1979/status/1666117881631846415

1 Like

They should bring him to the PL for next season

Straight swap for Howard Webb.

1 Like

Have any of you people praising him ever seen a game he’s reffed? The guy is a clown! His style even promoted a term to be coined for it, based on making himself the center of attention. This isnt meant as praise.

He was the guy in charge of the farcical Netherlands-Argentina game. You might be inclined to put that at the feet of the players, but he’s got multiple other games on his CV that descended into similar farce. There was one from a few years ago where the official yellow card tally for the game is unknown due to the haphazard way he dished them out and then reported them incorrectly on his report.

1 Like

Enough I’d say including the 4-5 times he reffed us in the CL, the guys literally everywhere so it’d be hard not to…one of the most prominent figures in refereeing. Players and Managers knew better then to square up/abuse him because he gained the respect of many.

The reason our game (or the English at least) is becoming more and more centered around the talking points of official controversy is because he’s one of the last of a dying breed and the new generation are simply not up to scratch, robotic and haven’t a clue about the game.