The Referees or The Twelfth Man

“My Goalie”

Another one to chalk up to ignore.

Webb and his bunch of corrupt cheats have shown their hand really early this season.

It’s all pretty pointless really.

2 Likes

How many dodgy decisions have there been on the opening weekend? Everton had a goal disallowed under dubious circumstances on Saturday as well.

Fed up already with the decisions against us and what I saw at the United game yesterday. Some clear yellow cards not given.

Went to bed after they scored and did not even see the not given pen.

1 Like

Don’t worry, everyone.

These things even themselves out over the course of a season.

6 Likes

Or maybe over the course of the existence itself? Either way, because of two criminal, “clear and obvious error” decisions, Man United have a four point swing over us after the first week of the season.

3 Likes

Maybe five. If the ref had booked every Man U player who deserved a yellow, they’d have been down to ten men as well. They could easily have left that game empty handed.

2 Likes

Jon Moss admitted to Gary O’Neill after the match that a mistake had been made, and that Wolves should have had a penalty.

If Wolves are relegated and those potential two points could have saved them, what good is that admission?

If Utd beat someone to CL spot by a point, how irrelevant is that admission?

We are one game into the season and this is just heartbreaking regarding fairness.

Liverpool could/should be on 3 points because of blatant incorrect penalty decision.
Utd could/should be on 0 points because of ineptitude/bias or maybe even corruption.

Fuck this.

10 Likes

If a referee has a single look at an incident and makes an incorrect decision based on their view at that single point in time than that’s a mistake. If the VAR crew take their time and investigate every angle (or even don’t bother to review it) then that is incompetence.

6 Likes

Anthony hauls a Wolves player to the floor in the penalty area and no penalty….
Anthony shirt pulling antics and no yellow card….
etc etc etc…

4 Likes

Can’t be a penalty on Anthony the ball wasn’t in play, however the ref shouldn’t warn them should just penalise it when the corner kick is taken.

Totally agree with the other

1 Like

Yes, but let Wolves take the corner then give the penalty. Anthony would still be holding the Wolves player. I’m sick of seeing this in every game. They’re clamping down on managers stepping outside the technical area, but not this.

4 Likes

Thats what I said, I’m the same as you don’t warn them penalise them when it’s in play

3 Likes

We are getting this lot on Saturday

Referee: Thomas Bramall. Assistants: Simon Bennett, Dan Robathan. Fourth official: Anthony Taylor. VAR: Paul Tierney. Assistant VAR: Constantine Hatzidakis.

Don’t know Bramall but he is from Sheffield. Look who the VAR is: :face_vomiting: He did not get a match to referee on the first matchday and not on the second one. Do they use him only as a VAR to fuck things up nowadays …

2 Likes

Your second of 38 informative PL referee related posts this season, highlighting disgust at who will officiate our games. Your consistency is unwavering. :clap:

He was new last season, we haven’t had him before. He appears to have done a few Fulham and Forest games, mainly mid-table teams (although a couple of Brighton ones as well).

I can only see a couple of references to him from managers complaining that he didn’t award penalties. That’s fairly run-of-the-mill to be honest. I’d certainly give him the benefit of the doubt.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/ryanbabel/status/1691430239090401280?s=46&t=Tk6buFVfyHeITdfFRWCVMg

1 Like

Yes, but all teams have decisions go against them don’t you know. I’ve wasted a lot of my time on opposing teams websites and I can tell you we’ve had it lucky. The amount of refs/officials who’ve got it in for other teams is crazy. I know beceause these fans say it. On the other, us fans on this website are talking out our asses, even though numerous examples of title changing games have been cited . Makes me ashamed to be a LFC supporter. Go England!!!

1 Like

Gary Lineker has Howard Webb as a guest on his new Podcast (recorded last week so before this weekends games). He’s on from about 15 minutes in depending on adverts.

There’s a few interesting snippets in there (for example FIFA are currently stopping them from releasing VAR audios at the moment) although they don’t go into the more contentious things like the lack of diversity in refereeing.

Well I was wrong. Both Shearer and Ref Watch’s Gallagher said the Macca decision was wrong!

INCIDENT: Alexis Mac Allister is shown a straight red card for a challenge on Ryan Christie in Liverpool’s win over Bournemouth.

DERMOT SAYS: "It’s not a red card for me. The problem here is that the referee thinks it’s a high tackle, but the only reason that happens is because both players are there.

"The boot actually catches him on the ankle. If his foot was on the ground and he caught him in the same place, it’s not a high tackle.

“They’ve both got their feet off the ground, not a red card for me. Liverpool would have to convince the panel it’s a clear and obvious error by the referee to win any appeal.”