The Referees or The Twelfth Man

Yes, his point is they need more time to get set up to play they way they want at the tempo the refs are trying to maintain. Sorry, but the refs arent there to adapt to your ability to play. That’s on you and your ability to get your team capable of getting ready to start quickly enough.

3 Likes

Don’t know what’s the reason for his comments but appreciate anyone who’s not afraid to speak out about the embarrassing level of refereeing in the PL.

4 Likes

Every losing manager speaks out about it every week. Very rarely is there anything defensible in what they say. They are worst of bad faith actors when it comes to these conversations

4 Likes

Would appreciate it if he had any sort of point. Easy to slate the refs. But if we’re drawing with them with a minute to go, and their keeper is fannying around waiting for splits and resets, we’ll be wanting the ref to book him and add time on!

I understand that, but specifically with regards to the added time, I don’t think there has been any situation in which it hasn’t been warranted, has it?

There part of the problem.

In what they see and don’t see

Referees are clamping down on time wasting. That’s fair enough, I’ve no problem with that but they still do nothing about defenders holding opposing players, in the penalty area at set pieces. I see it during every game and the referee does nothing, it infuriates me.

2 Likes

The most interesting decision for me this weekend came in the Villa Palace game when Watkins was awarded a pen.

It’s a tough 1 but in the end I’d say the ref got it wrong and VAR was right to call him over…but it’s one of those I’m not gonna bitch and moan they got wrong because it really could’ve gone either way.

Had Kloppo or another foreign coach said these things, we’d look at a minimum three-match ban.

2 Likes

Totally agree as it is a deliberate action

1 Like

I didn’t really notice the ref in ours which usually is a good thing.

1 Like

Fixed.

2 Likes

Great look at the tossers :face_vomiting: we got for the WH match. Apparently, we are winning too many games …

Referee: Chris Kavanagh. Assistants: Mat Wilkes, Mark Scholes. Fourth official: Craig Pawson. VAR: David Coote. Assistant VAR: Nick Greenhalgh.

1 Like

If it’s any consolation, West Ham fans thing Chris Kavanagh is a twat as well.

1 Like

Isn’t he one of those who just isn’t very good, but also is a twat in personality anyway…

1 Like

Put a face to the name…

That is Wayne.

can’t remember it is Kerr or King, but definitely one of the 2

1 Like

When people talk about corrupt/cheating officials with regards to LFC matches then Kavanagh and Coote stand out as the 2 most blatant examples, imo these 2 in particular have exposed themselves for what they are.
Kavanagh was VAR for our game at Spurs when Robbo got sent off, Kane didn’t and Jota should have been awarded a clear penalty. He was VAR when Rodri handled the ball at Goodison. Those decisions cost us the title, it’s as simple as that.
Coote was VAR for the derby where VVD was assaulted and Hendo had what would have been the winning goal disallowed.
All of those decisions are clear as day corrupt. There are no reasonable explanations as to how those decisions were arrived at. Cheating in plain sight.
Taylor and Tierney are more clever if you like. Taylor ‘misses’ so many incidents that should go in our favour and only arrives at the right decision after being told to look at the monitor. They both referee us in a way that enables them to give the opposition an advantage without looking suspicious to the neutral observer, allowing opposition fouls while penalising our lads for the same offence and breaking up play where possible. It can be very subtle and generally goes under the radar.

4 Likes

Those decisions cost us a title.

Isn’t there something so intrinsically wrong with this? The Kavanagh decisions against Spurs are inexplicable. The Rodri handball vs Everton is inexplicable.

Inexplicable within the norms and margins for error within the game. We all agree that mistakes can be made. But when we examine these decisions, and the effect they had on Liverpool, we must seriously wonder why and how this is allowed to happen.

People make decisions in business, in healthcare, politics, in all walks of life. Some decisions, when incorrect have massive financial consequences. The makers of these decisions usually end up on the chopping block.

The Kavanagh decisions cost Liverpool.
Major enquiry?
No.

Keep giving him important games.

2 Likes

1 Like