The Referees or The Twelfth Man

Exactly. VAR showed Diaz onside.

2 Likes

It is becoming difficult to take the league seriously. Leaving aside the woeful calls yesterday and Liverpool-specific complaints, there has been at least one catastrophically bad, match-determining call every week this season.

3 Likes

Absolutely, and that raises a question

Have any of those calls effected Man City?
No.
And they won’t

2 Likes

Not for a moment

That’s not true though.They’ve been effected by yesterdays fcuk up in that they stay top.

2 Likes

Angry Manchester City GIF by DAZN

I think there might be valid grounds for Conflict of Interest for Darren England and Dan Cook going to the UAE for a side gig.

The league that Darren England and Daniel Cook were at is called the ADNOC Pro League as ADNOC sponsored them.

Now, take note of this ADNOC name. ADNOC’s full name is Abu Dhabi National Oil Company. The board of directors for ADNOC is formed by the Supreme Petroleum Council (SPC). Guess who’s the chairman of the SPC?

It’s none other than Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan. If you find the name somewhat familiar, your memory didn’t fail you. His brother is Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the owner of Man City Football Club.

So to all of you here, is this a conflict of interests? I leave you to form your own conclusions!

2 Likes

I wonder what the going rate is for “reffing” a match in the UAE pro league

1 Like

30 silver coins …

Ive just stumbled on a random tiktok fan channel Everton fan and all. She made the very good point after the no goal we still got the shit end of the stick on decisions. The reasoning behind this was the refs couldn’t be seen to have any levelling up agenda on decisions.

Yeah no shit but it’s still over complicating every tiny bit of detail and trying to re-referee games……soooo it needs to fuck off? We can’t bin off every ref can we.

Over 2/3s of fans voted in favour of fucking it off so that should tell you where people stand with it.

Well, I had wondered how you would launder the money if you wanted to bribe a referee. Employment is actually a very obvious way of doing it.

2 Likes

According to Der Spiegel, Mancini is said to have at one point earned ÂŁ1.45 million in a basic salary and ÂŁ1.75m as a consultant for a team controlled by City owner Sheikh Mansour in Abu Dhabi, which critics have argued could constitute a secret agreement to inflate his salary if not properly accounted for.

It’s literally part of their playbook.

I’m positive the referee sharing is applauded by those running the English game as “helping grow the sport”.

4 Likes

Do we know how many refs have been involved in Middle Eastern matches? I didn’t even know that this kind of freelancing was a thing until today.

5 Likes

I was unaware of it as well.

I do think the FA need to intervene to stop that almost immediately

2 Likes

If referees from this country are being paid for ‘working’ in Abu Dhabi, how can they be trusted to be impartial when officiating certain Premier League games?

7 Likes

Fixed for shithousery

2 Likes

So, completely unrelated to the point.

Where? On what platform? Who voted? Who decided?

And it was too late to do anything about it once we transferred the invoice and now they will have to wait until next years accounts.

1 Like
3 Likes