The Referees or The Twelfth Man

Yeah I’m worried.

Don’t like Attwell at all.

Fair to award this or not…

https://twitter.com/i/status/1733885546135482756

Touches it so yeah

I used to think there needed to be a movement equal to a ball’s circumference, but the rules don’t specify…

I was thinking the same that the ball didn’t move enough to be classed as in play

I always thought the ball had to leave the quadrant

Just when you really need @Limiescouse he goes AWOL

Sunday 17 December
Liverpool
17:30
Man Utd

Referee: Michael Oliver (pictured). Assistants: Stuart Burt, Dan Cook. Fourth official: Anthony Taylor. VAR: John Brooks. Assistant VAR: Simon Long.

Could be a lot worse. He is not perfect but at least he has no bias against us.

2 Likes

Yeah, but Brooks on VAR again?

1 Like

Ha. I long thought the same as Semmy after having a ref explain the rule to us when calling back our attempt to do the same sort of trick play. But then like Semmy couldnt find it stated in the rules anywhere. I suspect its one of those things that just fell out of the rule book in the 90s or 2000s.

“The ball is in play when it is kicked and clearly moves; it does not need to leave the corner area.”

yes I think I posted it another thread, it does not need to do a full circumference on a corner.

It clearly moves :joy:

1. Procedure

• The ball must be placed in the corner area nearest to the point where the ball passed over the goal line
  • The ball must be stationary and is kicked by a player of the attacking team
  • The ball is in play when it is kicked and clearly moves; it does not need to leave the corner area
  • The corner flagpost must not be moved
  • Opponents must remain at least 9.15 m (10 yds) from the corner arc until the ball is in play

It looks like we are going to have to score from our own half

1 Like

We don’t even get enough sorrys Wolves beat us to that

Rebecca Welch to become Premier League’s first female referee - BBC Sport

1 Like

Imagine if she just shocks the world with refereeing incompetence… By showing us all that a competent referee can exist.

2 Likes

5 Likes

3 Likes