The Referees or The Twelfth Man

Totally agree

On the subject of penalties, does anyone here honestly believe that had the Shaw handball incident been committed by, say, Tsimikas at the other end, a penalty would not have been awarded?

It’s nailed on that United would have been awarded a penalty.

3 Likes

Right, but were back to you putting your own view on what the rules are and how they should be implemented over the what the people in charge say.

Where you have “seen them given” it is in cases there is a meaningful difference between them and this. These, where they did not impact the ability of the striker to get off their shot (or get to a rebound) are typically only given where there is an issue with the way the challenge was made making it dangerous. I dont like it. I think these unwritten rules are kind of dumb. But it is what it is. There was no discussion over this not being given because the game as a whole doesnt think these count as fouls and none of us should act surprised or as if this is specific to us.

Do you remember the Brighton game about 3 weeks ago?

I don’t even remember 3 minutes ago.

1 Like

So in your words it is an “unwritten rule” so has nothing to do with the laws of the game and “my view” which is very condescending, has nothing to do with it.

The laws should be applied as they are written and if something deemed as a foul anywhere else on the pitch should be treated as such within the penalty area.

1 Like

Jesus fucking Christ, two of the biggest wankers in the PL :face_vomiting:

Liverpool
18:30
Arsenal

Referee: Chris Kavanagh. Assistants: Simon Bennett, Dan Robathan. Fourth official: Craig Pawson. VAR: David Coote. Assistant VAR: Lee Betts.

Kavanagh and Coote…Jeez!

Coote is an odd one since the massive fuck up he has been fine.

1 Like

Seems our players never get fouled :joy:

Makes sense, with the numbers of maestro’s we now have in our midfield makes it near impossible for players to get near us, let alone foul us. That together mixed with refs blatantly ignoring a number of clear fouls & maybe those fouls being more on the cynical side than not can sway the mind into believing you’re suffering more fouls than is actually the case. Either way it’d be difficult for anyone one fanbase to assess as no fan watches other teams as often as their own nevermind watches other teams tallying up the number of fouls against them each time.

1 Like

It’s a foul only if it’s given by the referee.

3 Likes

Do the headline should be ‘Which Team Isn’t Being Given Free Kicks?’

1 Like

Jesus, I just saw the VAR intervention on DCL’s red card :see_no_evil:

Absolute bunch of clowns.

Dyche is bleating about VAR because a decision went against them, but the problem isn’t the system itself, it’s the humans operating it.
If VAR was abolished tomorrow the controversies would not lessen. There would still be TV replays focusing on every decision. It’s just become a convenient excuse for everyone to distract from their own shortcomings.
Refereeing needs a complete overhaul, and VAR is just a scapegoat.

9 Likes

How about this? Take VAR out of the hands of the PGMOL and give control of it to the FA. The VAR ref would not be one of the PGMOL mob but would be a former player who would be given training by the FA. This might avoid situations where the VAR ref might choose to not embarrass his fellow PGMOL member, and might avoid red cards like the one DCL got where apparently there was little if any contact.

1 Like

PGMOL is an entity which is part owned already by the FA, Premier league and the Football league.

How about…

Sack every crooked, corrupt, biased, incompetent or egotistical ref in the league…

Oh, wait.