The Referees or The Twelfth Man

You’re giving Taylor and Coote far, far too much credit.

Taylor has never given us a thing. He’s clever at it. There are countless examples where he has ‘missed’ big incidents in our games and only corrected them when told to look at the monitor. None of these mistakes were originally in our favour, they are always against us in real time.
Coote is as corrupt as anyone. Ever since Andy Robbo asked him “what’s the fucking point of you?” after the 1-1 with Burnley behind closed doors. Months later we had the Van Dijk injury and Henderson disallowed goal in the derby with this prick the VAR. He hasn’t reffed us in the PL since and I think that speaks volumes, I think the club called him out behind the scenes and the authorities for once couldn’t explain it away. The non-penalty against Arsenal was more corruption in plain sight.

3 Likes

Ladies and Gentlemen. The best ref in the country.

Did not cost us any points (for a change) today.

But the inconsistency. And the incompetence. And and and.

Arsenal fully deserved their victory but if Konate got a red, Gabriel should have got it, too. Odegaard escaped without a caution after lashing out at the referee - again - while Nunez got a yellow. Oh, well.

3 Likes

Yep absolutely right

1 Like

Becoming a bit of a theme isn’t it.

And no action against the Arsenal player who knocked the linesmans flag out of his hand

1 Like

Havertz got a yellow for that.

I’d love to hear the justification for why our players are not allowed to question decisions, but it’s fine for everyone else.
Please explain it to me someone.

Taylor an Coote could have easily give a penalty against us. Wednesday everybody thought Tierney send his brother.

No complaining about the MO this weeks we lost to a better side today and an off day of Becker.

Shit happens.

4 Likes

It took Taylor FOUR over twenty second restarts from Ben White (three throw ins and one free kick) to finally get a card out for him. The third one was when Arsenal were leading, so a yellow was an age in coming.

Darwin is marked as “that type of player” so they’ve already preemptively amde their decision.

1 Like

Taylor made a few errors yesterday.
If Konate deserved a second yellow, then Gabriel on Nunez deserved the same.
But that wasn’t the defining of the match.

When refs bias/corruption/incompetence coat us, I will say it.
We were poor yesterday, the reality of missing players bites us against better teams. Salah would have exploited how poor Zinchenko really is. Dom would have worked that side of the putch much better.
Its just a below par performance against a top team. All the shite talk this week about them folding was just annoying.

But all that said, we made basic errors and that gave them a win.

2 Likes

The thing with Konate’s second yellow was that the player was looking to initiate contact. He tried it with VVD shortly afterwards and the ref wasn’t having it. If he had a good look at the Konate one, I doubt whether he would have bothered with a card. It kind of hacks me off but we did see a player booked for diving in the Chelsea game so maybe they are wising up?

Part of it seemed like addressing the perceived wrong of the Everton game. Maybe refs now think they have Konate’s number and are looking for it, because heaven forbid refs just referee the situation they see in front of them rather than the one they invented in their head.

1 Like

Wait, wait, I know this one!

1 Like

This is used in many sports and would be a big improvement. I would prefer though a green card (warning) and then a blue for a 10 minute sin bin and then the red.

Ifab sounds like a gay app.

If they have taken over lawmaking things will certainly get fabulous.

Nope, leave the game alone we aren’t Rugby or any other sports

1 Like

They are meant to get a yellow card at the moment and that is very inconsistently administered. I can only see the same happening and referees using it against players that they have a personal dislike for.

The only advantage I could see is that it would avoid situations like Dalot being double yellow carded at Anfield because he would have change to calm down.

I think the biggest concern fans have right now is perceived inconsistency between officials, or even between incidents with the same official. This will by design introduce even more differences in outcomes among similar incidents, and so doing that can only be seen as a giant fuck you to your biggest stake holders.

1 Like