The Referees or The Twelfth Man

Yeah, but no one likes to tell Oliver he got something wrong and send him to the monitor

Oliver “best referee in the Prem” they say.

I don’t and have never subscribed to that view myself.

Incredible.

1 Like

He bottled it. 98th minute of the game, and the VAR didn’t want to know. Shameful.

Bookmark it. They’ll say they made the right call in the aftermath, then some retiring ref in 5 years time when it’s all blown over will say “yeah we really didn’t want to give one team two penalties in a game, particularly for a potential title decider”.

Refs are both gutless and making up the rules as they go, and will only (potentially) tell the truth in retirement. They wouldn’t want to risk an opportunity to referee a UEFA/FIFA fixture by suggesting they don’t deliberate on merit rather than the occasion.

Cunts.

2 Likes

Referees have already cost Klopp two league titles and it will take a miracle for him to win this one after everything they did this season to put a spanner in the works for him. Arsenal and Man City at home are more than enough, let alone some other games like Tottenham away.

5 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I knew we would not beat them when Nunez was adjudged to be offside 5 times at least 3 of those decisions were wrong even if Diaz had scored the two chances he spurned they would have been chalked off for offside but the Doku tackle took the biscuit!

1 Like

https://x.com/iamcobbina/status/1766885482762318037?s=46&t=Tk6buFVfyHeITdfFRWCVMg

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/TrollFootball/status/1766906022399000698

3 Likes

You don’t need to look for conspiracies or corruption. You can if you want to, and you might have a point, with Michael Oliver a beneficiary of additional employment opportunities in the UAE. But to me this was a referees team bottling the decision. They don’t give that penalty because they are scared. They are scared of the reaction to a decision that would hand Liverpool a massive advantage in the run in.

Michael Oliver defers the decision to Stuart Atwell. And Stuart Atwell defers the decision back to Michael Oliver. And that’s all VAR is in the premier league. Two cowards covering each other’s arses with cowardice.

7 Likes

https://x.com/iMiaSanMia/status/1766912373456081214?s=20

Refs in Germany save lives.

In the PL they kill us every week.

6 Likes

Goldie calling them out again. Must watch.

One point (might have even be all three) vs Spurs, 2 points today and 2 because of Ödegaard handball.

1. Liverpool 69 points
  2. Arsenal 63
  3. Man City 62

That’s how the table should look.

2 Likes

Chelsea handball at their place.
Man U handball at Anfield.
We would unquestionably have got all three points at Spurs with a fair ref.

We should be about ten points clear.

2 Likes

From what I can remember from the Klopp era, we have been disadvantaged by dodgy referee and VAR decisions by a couple of points which decided the title. If everything was fair, LFC under Jürgen’s reign should have had at least 2 if not 3 EPL titles.

3 Likes

This is grievance gone mad. Neither of these were remotely controversial outside of the angriest of Liverpool fan groups. Remember the Vrigil handball against Brighton? (no you dont, because it wasnt a handball…just like these werent).

Spurs (various), the lack of pen against Arsenal (that Webb later admitted was the wrong decision even if PGMOL did not officially apologize, and now this, are more than enough completely unimpeachable complaints

2 Likes

Two under Klopp (2018-19 and 2021-22), as well as one under Rodgers (2013-14).

If we don’t win the title this year, that will make four stolen from us since Abu Dhabi took control of Manchester City.

1 Like

And both would have penalties for Manchester City.

We all know that you try to be the objective “grown up in the room” when we’re discussing dubious decisions on this forum. But your naivety is, at times, hilarious.

1 Like

No wonder JĂźrgen has gone beyond caring about whatever the officials, tv pundits, sports reporters say.

So, whoever the next manager is, he will have the same problem.
Also, Man City’s 115 charges process is going at such a slow rate, it will drag on for years, I get the feeling, those owners in Abu Dhabi will never be charged.

I am depressed !

2 Likes

I would not be in the slightest bit surprised if he later cites the unequal decision making in this league as a major contributory factor in his decision to leave English football.

6 Likes