The Room 101 thread

It isn’t. Consumption (or the lack of it) alters the metabolism of the organism. That’s why it is very hard to permanently put on or lose weight. The system will reset itself towards a set point for its given environment.

3 Likes

I’d like to put grown ups who spend the day arguing with each other on the internet into Room 101.

2 Likes

Quibbling!

No it doesn’t which is why we can eat like pigs when we’re kids and burn it off then start posting on the TIA Diet Thread when we hit mid 30s.

Growing up is optional, growing old is compulsory.

Have you seen ‘modern’ kids?
They are bigger, fatter and slower than their parents. Where have you been hiding? In a BMW outside a food bank? :wink: :rofl:

That’s not true here, yet, thankfully.

Where are you talking about, your house?

You know I work in primary schools? Kids are no fatter today than in my day. Oh I’m sure the figures say there’s an obesity crisis but not up North there isn’t.

Tyres that decide to blow out in the middle of a farm track requiring changing in a muddy fly infested swamp.

1 Like

A tractor tyre blew out a few year ago when I was immediately behind it. My pants required changing.

The one tyre nut that refuses to budge after the other three have come off easily. :rage::nerd_face:

1 Like

Fortunately I’d done the brakes not long ago so wasn’t too bad and I knew where the alloy key was :wink:

That only happens if you have fatties in the car. :wink:

Must be due to all the BMWs blocking the food banks!

As a kid, we were on family holiday driving from QLD down to visit mum’s family in Victoria (2-3 day drive depending on how well the run goes) going the inland route to avoid driving through Newcastle and Sydney as we were towing the boat to go skiing at lake Mulwala.

Mum was doing a stint behind the wheel in the middle of nowhere doing 120k/ph on the highway when oldest brother suddenly says “there’s a lot of smoke coming from the boat” then a couple of minutes later “Mum, there’s a bloody lot of smoke coming from the boat!”

Next thing we know, we see a tyre bouncing along the road beside the car overtaking us, then sped off into the scrub beside the road and the boat trailer tilting at an angle with sparks flying out behind it. Cue a 2 day drive turning into a 3 day stop over as it took most of that day to get a towtruck to come out as none of the drivers particularly wanted to drive so far out of town, then the mechanic needed a day to get the parts of the axle needed and delivered before being able to weld them back on and reattach a new wheel.

Doing 120 on a highway and getting chased by one of your own wheels is pretty damn scary

2 Likes

Ok
Straight into Room 101…
Stupid nicknames for players…

On TIA a few years ago Sturridge was referred to as “Studge Muffin”… cringeworthy?

And I see our Dominik referred to as Szobo Cop…

Please stop…
No emojis, this is a serious offence.

2 Likes

Most of our players seem to end up with nicknames of some sort. Where do we draw the line? Or is it all Mr Marulanda and Mr da Silva from now on?

I like nicknames.
Just the really stupid ones should be in Room 101.

Remember when they called Fergie Fungusson?? Whiskey Nose was a better nickname.
There should be a jury installed to decide whats a good nickname.

1 Like

It’s a generation thing.
See who would you buy, or transfer rumours for examples of cringeworthyness

1 Like