The Room 101 thread

So Barry Beluga is out then…oki doki…

1 Like

I’m guessing that the good ones stick.

1 Like

Infantile ones are exactly that, but good nicknames to me, should always raise a smile
From a recent article, here are some of the common ones the dockers used back in the day… :0)

If you grew up in Liverpool there’s a good chance your mates will call you by your nickname rather than your actual name.

It seems giving your friends nicknames is definitely a Liverpool thing, a perfect example being the history of creative and often hilarious nicknames bestowed on dockers by their workmates.

The life of a docker comprised of backbreaking and sometimes incredibly dangerous work.
Working long shifts at the quayside, the nicknames they gave each other were often an expression of camaraderie while the desire to make each other laugh helped them get through the tough days.

The weightlifter

He waits while you lift.

The reluctant plumber

Won’t do a tap (i.e. bone idle).

The destroyer

Always after subs.

The balloon

Would say: “Don’t let me down lads”.

The vicar

Heard shouting down the hatch: “'Ay men”.

The blister

Always turns up after the hard work is done

As I said, silly but they can raise a smile now and again… :0)

I see our Dominik referred to as Szobo Cop…

Didn’t hear this one, but sadly I think I will hear it a bit more now :weary:

1 Like

With those providing shit nicknames to be crucified to ensure they can’t put forward any shit nicknames in the future :wink:

2 Likes

Almost every poster on here has put forward their own nickname… not sure who would win the honours of having the best, or even the worst :0)
Although @Flobs could be in both categories me thinks… Only kidding flobs, only kidding

This …you nailed it

1 Like

It is something where we really need to hammer home the point

2 Likes

bearing buddies are your friend. I’d never haul a boat at 120kmh. those bearings are in the water constantly and any bit of rust getting in those bearings is a recipe for disaster

Tom Hanks Hello GIF

I know!!

Ugh can’t find it here but on Watts App There is a great Jürgen gif .

Robo Klopp

OK, I’d like an M3. Brilliant car. Owning the reg plate M3 GUY makes you look like a berk. But the (understandable) reg plate M31 GUY just makes you look like an epic room 101 contender. Seen earlier today.

1 Like

I’ve always thought personalised number plates are a bit naff, although the dealer I bought my current car from stuck my initials on the plate which does make it a bit easier to remember.

The German plates have a set format and the first letters represent the city or county that you live in. For us that is EL (for Emsland). The other letters and numbers can be selected by the individual so long as they are available. The other week, I saw a Tesla car whereby the owner had decided that the next letters should be ON. Hence the number plate begins ELON. I hope Room 101 is programmed into his Sat Nav.

3 Likes

This isn’t a wind up. I vividly remember camping in France one night. The German couple next to us got chatting to Mum and Dad. This topic came up (pre internet) as Dad had noticed the German area prefixes. The guy actually had a book on them and proceeded to read them all out. Never seen my dad drink so fast :wink:

Mrs has a private plate but as she no longer has the right car, it’s on retention. I want one for the business but all the good ones have gone. There is a perfect one but as it basically says Big Fucking Wanker, not a great image :joy: I’m sure some here would say it was quite appropriate.

Windows and paintwork wouldn’t last 30 seconds and some on here would justify it.

Sums up the left.

You need others to say that about you.

Sorry could you explain this? I get your sentiment about wankers plates and just general car knobishness but must admit I’m no longer up to date on the badging as I’m no longer 11 years old. Is a M31 an actual model or just referring to an M3 when someone else has already taken that number plate?

Yeah, missed the M3 plate so bought the next best thing. Like having M444 RKS if your name’s mark because you missed M4 RKS.

1 Like

Only damage would be to the right wing.
And some on here would be incensed.

Sums up the right…