The Rugby Union Thread

This is some fucking game here. Just on another level than England are playing at

1 Like

Tactically really fascinating. Skill levels another level thatā€™s for sure.

Unbelievable. Looks like it could be a game for the ages

You sound bitter, just like Everton fans.

Not bitter about losing to NZ as you can see from my previous post. Am a little bitter about a shite England making the SF, and their media thinking theyā€™ve done something special.

Anyway, this is rugby perfection on right now :ok_hand:

1 Like

Like I said, bitter.

What a cracking game between the Boks and France. Whoever wins this wins the World Cup.

1 Like

This England team is very good what letā€™s them down is their discipline. Technically they can play very good rugby.

NZ are still in it!

Unless England play rugby and not silly buggers!

Still Curry is so ill-disciplined, should have had another yellow today!

Loving this game, Allez les Bleus!!!

They can be very good at slowing the game down and putting pressure on the opposition like they did against the Argies. Play like that with 15 on the pitch and they can unsettle the top teams. I just donā€™t think they can keep their discipline for that though.

Maybe hyperbolic but there are shades of Brazil-Italy in 82 with the game.

The best games, with the best sides operating at the highest level, is rarely the final.

2 Likes

The level and pace of this game is just simply something else.

I get the feeling the South Africa are slightly more accurate at the moment but France will tear holes in any side when in this mood.

1 Like

Lot of bitterness against England in here. Theyā€™ve beat whatā€™s in front of them so far. They werenā€™t the favourites and they still arenā€™t but the Fijians arenā€™t mugs.

Each game is different and England will start the semi final clear underdogs but their worldcup record speaks for itself especially among the NH sides.

The way Ireland celebrated beating South Africa in a group game showed they didnā€™t have the self belief neccessary to go all the way. The very best sides win a game like that and celebrate like itā€™s business as usual.

Nothing against Ireland by the way, I wanted them to beat the All Blacks.

Not bitterness (for a change) more a statement of fact. England have been shocking these last 2 years. Today was more in line with what you expect.

Iā€™ve got to face a couple of English lads this week in work. Iā€™ve been fishing pretty hard these last 2 months. Iā€™m expecting some payback.

1 Like

SA or France will win by 20-30 bitter points

Hmm I think England will get beat but I think it itā€™ll be a gap of 10-15 points.

Mad Salt Shaker GIF by Animanias

Iā€™m just hoping Farrel plays. :smirk:

Dodgy penalty for 3 there by SA. Hand on the deck first, not supporting his own weight.

Uff South Africa always find a way. 12 mins is a long time though.