The Rugby Union Thread

Do France run it?

Fantastic drama. Cmon France! Loved France when I was growing up, Serge Blanco, the Bayont express and the rest. Then they went through a period of horrible rugby. Now back to free flowing attacking skill.

Well holy shit another prediction failure on my part.

Boks to win it now? Can anyone left live with that level of physicality?

2 Likes

:ireland: :eyes:

1 Like

Well played both teams, a fantastic game.

1 Like

I said left, as in left in the tournament, not left for home :wink:

In the group stages they can.

Like I said earlier, there’s nothing between top 4 teams. All could beat each other on any given night. Even after beating SA we could easily have lost against them if got to final. All 50:50 games

Ashton Kutcher Burn GIF

I thought NZ v IRE couldn’t be topped, but tonight’s game was even better.

5 Likes

And like I said earlier, not when it matters. Ireland’s World Cup history shows that.

Why?

My team, Patagonia B are still in it too.
download

1 Like

Yup. And SA always find a way

1 Like

Unfortunately. I think that’s the difference with SA and NZ vs the NH sides. They don’t whine about the draw, they play what’s in front of them with the attitude of, to be the best you have to beat the best.

NH sides hope to get an easier route to the final then let’s see what happens.

2 Likes

:joy: Rassie Erasmus does more whining than anyone else in world rugby.

Unbelievable team though

Cracking game, hard to see how England get past the South Africans but fingers crossed they manage it.

3 Likes

Smith under the high ball :grimacing:

mine rocky sylvester stallone GIF

Obviously Ireland had the harder quarter final. But, England and Wales had a similar quarter final difficulty wise. England got the job done, Wales didn’t. I think on the biggest stage England have that stronger mentality rugby wise. Football wise England are bottlers.

Argentina have reached the QF or SF of most world cups. Fiji got beaten by Portugal last week

1 Like

DuPont is blaming the ref for certain decisions in the press conference very strange France had it in their grasp but let it slip and SA were a lot cleverer to finish the match in front.