The Rugby Union Thread

This makes that pathetic effort to convert the first try feel like a real kick in the dick

scotland concede 14 penalties in rowā€¦

the games corrupt! :wink:

All sports are, nowadays.

I pity the fools who are naive enough to still believe that prowess on the field is all that matters.

is the Welsh no.8 Paul Calf?

Damn, poor Italy. So close.

1 Like

Iā€™ll take that second half performance. Iā€™m encouraged. That first half thoughā€¦ That was rough.

Something to work with I think. We need more ball carriers though. And I still have half back concerns.

Overall, this first round of matches was good entertainment. Strange that the most lopsided score was between the two favourites.

1 Like

We made a lot of changes right around the half. That enormous difference in performance doesnā€™t bode well for the lads who came off.

Had it down as a France win against an Ireland team in transition, did not see that performance coming.

The post-Sexton era has started well :joy:

1 Like

More or less my expectation as well, I thought it was an early chance for France to take control of the competition. Best case for Ireland I thought was a tight win.

1 Like

Yeah, thinking the same, particularly Brown who has struggled to get starting berths for Wales and the Dragons.

Costelow too maybe. Just didnā€™t make any impression at all.

I also had it as a French win. Home advantage, no Sexton and I honestly thought France would cope ok without Dupont. They really didnā€™t cope at all.

I was genuinely surprised by how weak their playmaking was - I think of France as being offensively the most difficult to deal with of any nation, because they always seem to have 3-4 playmakers working together. Without Dupont, I expected something more like what a good All Blacks side always seems to have, good offensive flow running through 2-3 players dictating the play. Wasnā€™t that at all.

Ireland completely dominated the breakdown and France couldnā€™t generate any pace on the ball from it. While Ireland certainly deserve credit, France offensively were a mess, quickly losing shape and had no cohesion at all.

I say it againā€¦

The games corrupt!

England down to 13 men temporarily after 2 yellow cards then go an score a try to level the game

joy

No they dontā€¦fucking moron :joy:

Enjoyed Fordā€™s twitch there.

great second try by Wales.

bummer

I swear thereā€™s a bigger crowd watching Ireland V Wales U20 than your average Welsh region game.