The Summer Olympics, this time in Paris

This video is unavailable.

Just like Naby.

5 Likes

https://x.com/Canaansdad1987/status/1817663377998778695

5 Likes

This picture of Brazil’s Gabriel Medina exiting a wave in Tahiti on his way to Olympic gold has won high praise for AFP photographer Jerome Brouillet

11 Likes

Another GB gold today - Nathan Hales in the trap shooting. Hit 48/50 - beating the Olympic record by 5 :exploding_head: (the second placed athlete also beat the previous record).

3 Likes

Even the App didn’t have this listed as an event for us :joy:

I see the Seine is putting pay to the Triathlon.

2 Likes

I don’t watch rugby but I’m enjoying watching it in the Olympics. It gives me an idea. What about “Soccer Sevens” and the matches are 20 minutes long.

Isn’t that an awesome idea?

I thought so.

1 Like

I had a similar thought for putting a small sided game into the Olympics rather than full-sized 90 minute games.

Essentially having 3v3 FIFA Street would be great.

ESPN have been so desperate for content since the Olympics started they showed something called Omegaball. Its football, but played on a round pitch with 3 teams playing each other simultaneously. It looked like a spontaneous fuckabout put together by the players who showed up for their sunday league side only to find out they didnt even make the subs bench.

5 Likes

Naby went full Naby, and came up lame during warmups, and did not play for Guinea against USA in final group match for both.:man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Murray and Evans about to do it again…

Murray’s Tennis career lives on. Evans smashed it in that last tie breaker, Murray did ok too.

I warned you about the Aussie chicks in the pool. What an achievement for our country.

Well done to Ireland’s Daniel Wiffen. Gold Medal winner. :clap:t3:

https://x.com/TeamIreland/status/1818382828985254045?t=J0YW0k1HqmcQuBoM6PteYA&s=09

7 Likes

That was a stunning finish by Yee

2 Likes

Commentators were panicking about the time gap but I always felt Yee was the more composed of the runners. Wilde’s form was noticably breaking down as lap three started - his backlift was barely getting halfway up his leg. Yee by comparison was still running strong and picked his moment perfectly to attack.

I think British athletes are showing some really excellent tactical thinking at this games. Yee timing his attack to perfection there, Pidcock patiently waiting for the exact right corner to attack in the cross-country also.

3 Likes

It’s the crazy BMX stuff today.

Talk about leaving it late the Rowing :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

France get Argentina in the QFs of the Olympic football

:melting_face:

3 Likes

Any of the squads there?

One time I’m really going to support the French.

4 Likes

Please, can someone explain what is happening in the boxing. Have they started mixed events ? Italian girl has withdrawn after being punched, not sure if her opponent is a he or a she.
Big controversy going on.

1 Like

11 Likes