The TV Thread redux

Dr Who - Ncuti Gatwa + Sidekick Ruby - Millie Gibson

1 Like

This episode is set in the 60s so it looks like they are going for period dress again. Ncuti has a bit of Richard Rowntree look about him.

1 Like

This aired 30 years ago next month.

If that final episode being 30 years old doesn’t make you feel old, then this will. If they did a remake using the same time difference, it would be set in the 90’s

1 Like

Tbf a lot of Dickens stuff is dark and grimy.

a meme that @Hope.in.your.heart posted reminded me of these guys from my childhood

2 Likes

Might suck, but might be worth a watch

3 Likes

Do you remember the first season? I really didn’t until I sat to watch it a little while back and I was shocked at how different it was. And by different I mean really not very good.

Yeah I watched it a few years back and couldn’t even understand what I watching. It’s basically a student film. Was it meant to be funny? Its not clear.

Amazing that the proper seasons turned out so well.

1 Like

It’s definitely different, but I still enjoy it, just not on the same level as the ‘proper’ series.

The leap from Season 1 to Season 2 was phenomenal. Season 1 was awful. 2 one of the best things the BBC ever made. Bob.

season 3 with George is probably my favorite comedy of all time… it was perfect…i could recite everyline i think…i laugh even when i just think of some of the stuff…

whats better, is you can somehow FEEL the amount of fun they had making it…not in the usual SNL ‘lets all crack up onscreen to prove how funny this is’ crap…but just the quirk in the odd smile…that type of thing.

2 Likes

Agreed.
Season one wasn’t very good at all.
Seasons 2, 3 & 4 were genius though.

Season 1 had its moments, and I don’t think it’s nearly as bad as people say. The BBC clearly saw something in it.

I think Rowan Atkinson stepped away from the writing side, and Ben Elton came in for 2/3/4.

1 Like

It’s moment was “What is he like in bed” delivered by John Broadbent with the weirdest accent in history.

I’ve just watched it this morning. It’s been an absolute joy of a series and really made up for the last couple of TNG films which felt more like extended TV episodes.

Judging from the post credits scene, they are setting up for a new spin off. If they can keep the look and feel of this series I’d be very happy.

2 Likes

Absolutely. I’d have done it differently, (Hi Riker) but can live with this one IF they carry on with the same quality of writing. Swapping the chain of command is fine by be, new stories and all. There will be a lot of us looking forward to this season, quite a queue of us infact :slight_smile:

I want a mariachi band back though.

Half way through season 1. They’re certainly an interesting bunch. Hoping to see a Ferrari go backwards out of a window at some point. Love the scene in the first episode where the script writers wondered how to show exactly how rich they were. Well we could always…….

Whilst not TV, will definitely make you feel old

2 Likes

US writer’s strike officially goes into effect today.

1 Like