The TV Thread redux

Finished Barry. Strong 4th season but I kinda think it wouldve been better served by ending after the third.

donā€™t you remember traditional TV? Thatā€™s how itā€™s been, forever.

1 Like

Fubar is good so far. Silo is better.

1 Like

Water cooler / photocopier discussion fuels views. GOT wouldnā€™t have had the same impact if it had all dropped at once. Granted better for the viewer but not the people who make it. Clicks and views driven by anticipation and expectation.

Did people actually enjoy Succession?

So dull and frankly annoying

Finished fubar, I enjoyed it.

2 Likes

Billy the Kid. Season One was class.
Canā€™t wait for season Two.

Think Iā€™ll be giving this a massive miss. Clattenberg to be ref

1 Like

Yes. :man_shrugging:

Iā€™ve just discovered This Country.
Late, I know, but it is brilliant. The vicar :rofl:

Yes, it was excellent. I get the people are awful and that would put a lot of people off watching it, but there are LOTS to really successful shows where the characters were awful where you werent supposed to like them. Sopranos, Narcos - these are not characters you supposed to like or find them relatable.

2 Likes

I did love Narcos.

Regarding Successionā€¦what was the point of the husband to the heiress treating the cousin so bizarrely!

Like every character heā€™s pathetic. Seemed to me he was happy to finally have found someone he can punch down, letting his frustrations from constsntly sucking up out on him.

1 Like

Thanks, now that makes sense.

https://twitter.com/The_Grey_Writer/status/1664670439870693380?s=20

I genuinely feel bad for Schofield.

Yes he broke rules in the workplace, and was in breach of his contract and should lose his job.

But he hasnā€™t done anything illegal. Affairs happen.

Itā€™s as if he is a traitor who should be hung, drawn, and quartered!

Iā€™m sure there are current sitting MPs who have done far worse!

His career is over because he groomed a 15 year old boy and lied about the extent of his relationship with him to everybody that was close to him. Nobody gives a shit about his sexuality.

2 Likes

so far so good

1 Like

Heā€™s not facing criminal charges like his brother.

It wasnā€™t an affair and what he did was flat out wrong, he knew it was wrong from the start and as one of the leading figures of British television shouldā€™ve stopped it becoming a thingā€¦ITV are equally to blame whether they knew about it or not, this happened on their watch.

Iā€™m in no way defending this guy, but if ITV doesnā€™t know how are they to blame? ā€œHappened on their watchā€, what does that even mean?

1 Like