The TV Thread redux

@Semmy I just read they reviving it based on Leonard’s book in which Givens moves to Detroit - City Primeval - Wikipedia

1 Like

Don’t know if already posted but well worth a watch

:innocent:

2 Likes

The Afterparty Season 2 just came out!

S1 was a great example of Apple having great content that no one knows about because they do so little promotion. It was a great cast and a great concept and so I’m pumped to see how they pull off the second series.

1 Like

Jumped onto Euphoria after finishing The White Lotus (1st was much better, 2nd series kinda took a dip in the excitement department)

Great take and stylishly written take on teenage life, doing all the things teenagers shouldn’t be doing/getting involved with.

Sydney Sweeney - Good lordy, has a body even J-Lo would be envious of !!!

Series Finale of Mayans M.C. (Sons of Anarchy spin-off) after five seasons.

Think some of the actors tried to make the best out of it but storylines were a mess from the beginning.

Yes, it’s fascinating and shocking.

Reservation Dogs season three is coming soon! Great news :+1:t4::slightly_smiling_face:

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone comment on the HBO Perry Mason reboot with Matthew Rhys. The first season was only so so but the second season, which is seemingly the last, was really good I thought.

I never watched the original Perry Mason so couldn’t comment on parallels to that (I assume they are very slim), but if you like film noir - depression era legal drama/mystery then its probably worth your time.

2 Likes

I watched both seasons and i enjoyed them,i thought they were very well done,decent storylines and it just looked classy,stylish and of that time,not forgetting i thought Matthew Rhys played him well,especially when he got into the courtroom side of it (not quite Anthony Hopkins in Amistad mind, but good acting).

Bleams ago…Perry Mason was man in a wheelchair…in the 1960"s…Saturday night viewing…or did the program story change…

I know of the 1960’s version of Perry Mason but i think you may have Ironside and Perry Mason mixed up,although played by the same actor,Ironside was always in a wheelchair.

This reboot of Perry Mason starts as him as a Private eye in the 1920’s and 30’s and has flashbacks of him in the 1st world war trenches,then he moves into being a mix of private eye/defense lawyer.

3 Likes

Old age…muddling my brain…thoughts it was the same programme.:pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face:

1 Like

We’ve just watched ‘Gregg Wallace: The British Miracle Meat’? on Channel 4.

I was curious as to what the Twitter furore was about. Without spoiling too much, it’s Swiftian satire. I’d recommend it to anyone with a dark sense of humour.

I’d never heard of Red Rose, but gave it a go last week. It started to fray towards the end, but otherwise was surprisingly good. I only realized afterwards that the men behind it have spent time working with Mike Flanagan and it shows pretty clearly. This was like a cross between a Black Mirror episode and new series from MF.

And the oddly out of time soundtrack was brilliant.

1 Like

highly over-rated tea, that.

The Bear is one of the absolute best I have watched in ages.
Great writing, acting, pace.

3 Likes

I wear suits now

1 Like

:astonished: - The Klingon Boy Band :0)