The TV Thread redux

I just finished Full Circle on HBO. It’s a new mini series by Soderbergh about a kidnapping attempt by a Guyanese crime family in NYC that then pulls on the strands of all the people involved and the scores that were being settled.

It came and went without ever seemingly getting any attention, but I thought it was excellent.

1 Like

Quote on "britains most expensive houses…Alderley Edge…full of Man u’s…Man city’s and Liverpool’s…but not Evertons…they’re not big enough…even estate agents know…:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Watched first two episodes of Only Murders in the Building yesterday…i’d forgotten the joys of having to wait a week for more episodes :rofl:

Have also watched first half season of the Lincoln Lawyer which i’ve enjoyed. Nothing particularly special.

1 Like

Fail Just For Laughs GIF

Do nature channels need/have audience classification. I think even some of the very usual scenes would be rather distressing for kids.

Anyone caught Wolf ( bbc iplayer )

A family is held hostage in their own home by a couple of criminals with a nefarious mission. The only clue hinting thatbthe family’s in danger is a message in their dogs collar. Police inspector Jjack Caffery is working to find the truth, all while dealing with his own trauma over the unsolved disappearance of hia brother 20 years ago.

Its very dark, and a little bit funny in places, its been described as a Midsummer murders meets pulp fiction.

Only 6 1hr episodes, ive watched 2 so far…its weird but very watchable.

Anyone have thoughts on Slow Horses, Bad Sisters, or Black bird? All on Apple, trying to figure out new show to watch

The titles sound like insults insults to horses, sisters, and birds

1 Like

Black bird was a decent watch,Taron Egerton and the guy playing the serial killer played good parts.

Its based on true events,it started off really promising but kinda fell off towards the end for me,worth a watch though,especially as there isnt a huge amount of content on appletv for me.

I think it was the last part Ray Liotta played before dying.

1 Like

There will be a few on here that know about Slow Horses… Probably cost them a fortune to date :0)

I do not understand Taron Egerton as a thing. I only ever see him in roles that requires a presence or weight that he simply does not have. Watching him chew up scenes (in a bad way) makes me think of a child wearing his dad’s suit. I watch him in roles like that in Blackbird and it’s just one long eye roll.

So for me that is a distant third on the list of things to watch on Apple, but the other two are both highly recommended.

Have you seen bad sisters or just generally it’s well thought of?

Yeah, sorry. I have seen all three and the “highly recommended” was my judgement. I thought Bad Sisters particularly was brilliant.

Liked Slow Horses

I’ve just watched The Sky At Night on the iPlayer and noticed that they now have the whole of Jacob Bronowski’s The Ascent Of Man available online.

Apparently, it’s now 50 years old. Well worth a rewatch.

1 Like

Travel Man (Richard Ayoade): “With the unmotivated lack of urgency only library music can suggest…”

Some of the commentary on this show is hilarious :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I started American Born Chinese last night. If anyone remembers the Japanese cult classic Monkey (sometimes called Monkey Magic) that played in the UK in the 80s about the Monkey King on a quest for Buddha, it’s an adaptation of a comic that was based on the same set of Chinese folk stories. I’m only a few episodes in, but absolutely loving it so far.

2 Likes

Were these the stories in the show ‘The Water Margin’ which was also on tv around the time of Monkey?

1 Like