The TV Thread redux

Apart from the obvious, that was the big boob in the first one. He does the Basil Exposition bit at the start then repeats it to the science lady later on. Do’h

1 Like

Our TV has been buggered today. Telekom have just fixed it again.

To pass the time my wife has been watching some old Fanny Craddock programmes on YouTube.

She is wondering if the BBC didn’t have makeup artists in the 1970s.

I’m also wondering what the hell she was searching for to find this in the first place.

1 Like

1 Like

Been reading some good reviews re Shining Girls… Might give it a try

Watched a Japanese series, MIU404, pretty decent.

I just saw the Trailer for Masters of the Air. Looks promising, though I irrationally don’t like that Austin Butler guy. I’ll definitely give it a watch though.

I thought it was really disappointing. The sort of thing where they have a clever concept and then run the clock out on it without delivering

Manifest.

Interesting premise, woeful execution. Apparently, I stopped before it started to decline, too. I can’t imagine how bad it must have been.

1 Like

Yeah, Manifest got boring after a few episodes. Started well though.

Not helped by two of the worst adult actors who have ever been leads in any long running tv show ever.

Anyone watching the new True Detective and/or Fargo?

Wasn’t the new True Detective supposed to come out in January? Are you referring to season 3?

As for Fargo, I stopped with season 2. Those two seasons were immense but at that point I genuinely couldn’t handle more violence and darkness that it brought.

There’s a TD 4 premiering in Jan with Jodie Foster and a new Fargo with Jon Hamm which started in November.

I’ve been getting notifications and thus thought both had started.

Amazon in the UK

Ah, OK, got me there for a second! I’m a massive fan of the show (well, minus the second season - though it had a great soundtrack) and can’t wait for the fourth one. It has Jodie Foster and polar night, it has to be great, right?!

1 Like

Tonight Show Yes GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Agree with this and @Limiescouse 's comments. I tried watching Manifest and gave up somewhere in the first episode I think.

2 Likes

True Detective - Opening Theme for Season 2

I’ve enjoyed these three Dr who specials. Looking forward to Gatwas run

2 Likes

I don’t want to be reminded about season two. One of the greatest disappointments in tv history.

I enjoyed season 2