The TV Thread redux

Watched first episode of Narcos last night. Good cast. Interesting story, but felt like a bit too much narration. Looking forward to seeing some more.

It’s exceptional. I dislike the glorification of mobsters so have a love/hate relationship with shows like this, but narcos is pretty good about not glorifying these people.

The Mexico series was even better imo though, but given the overlap think it does make sense to watch the Colombian one first

2 Likes
2 Likes

Please let it not be shit!

1 Like

Early reviews are saying nothing but the best about the new season. As if I needed my expectations to be higher…

We have just subscribed to Apple+ which my wife fancied as a birthday present.

We’ve already watched the Idris Elba series “Hijack” which we really liked - a fast paced and very tense thriller.

We’ve also watched the first episode of “See” and “Criminal Record”, the new Peter Capaldi series.

Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

2 Likes

Monarch.

1 Like

Slow Horses has been popular, as was Ted Lasso (different kinds of shows though!).

I’m thinking of subscribing to Apple+ too, so am keen to hear other responses

1 Like

I did a response to that a few months ago but cannot find it so trying to remember…

Recommend without reservations
For all mankind
Slow horses
After party
Ted lasso

Interesting but not everyone’s cup of tea
Severance
Changeling
Monarch (Godzilla)
Big door prize

Watchable
Platonic

Shit
Shining girls
Surface
Invasion

The next one we’re going to try is pachinko a multi generational story about the prejudice Korean immigrants in Japan experience leaving them unable to find work anywhere else other than underground gambling halls

Edit
Forgot bas sisters, silo, foundation (all really good), and black bird (I felt was mediocre but I know lots liked it)

3 Likes

Dark Winds

2 Likes

I pretty much agree with this list as well. Was going to add Silo to your list but you got it. I also watched a few episodes of Bad Sisters and really enjoyed it, but haven’t seen the whole thing. My wife loved Severance and I think it’s a bit weird, Godzilla show a lot of fun. My wife also loved The Last Thing He Told Me but I think it’s more to do with her having read the book than it being great TV (was entertaining).

1 Like

Gladiators Australia had been caught pumping in crowd noise for a show that had no fans.

I didn’t realise they filmed at Emtyhad Stadium :rofl:

1 Like

:0)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1747081412417634321

2 Likes

Finished Monarch over the weekend. It got notably dumber in the second half of the series, but still overall better than I thought it would be.

Watched the first episode of the new True Detective. So far so good, which unfortunately doesnt mean much for this show :see_no_evil: So for it seems similar to a popular book from a few years called The only good indians about a group of teenage natives who are terrorized by the angry spirits after hunting somewhere they shouldnt have been.

2 Likes

The only disappointing thing about that episode is the unremarkable song during the opening credits. Even the much maligned second season had a great soundtrack.

1 Like

Severance

Unique high quality series. Unravels nicely bit by bit until the final cliffhanger. Whole cast were brilliant but Tramell Tilman is the star of the show.

Watched the final episode of Fargo S5…
For what it is worth - Thoroughly enjoyed the entire series 9/10
Not sure I can ever recall an actor that has dovetailed into their role as perfectly, as Juno Temple, playing Dorothy - Worth watching just to see her performance
At only 34yrs of age, born in Hammersmith… will monitor other stuff she will be involved in from this point

Flicked over to Gladiators during half time of the Ivan Tony testimonial.
Utter garbage.
Clattenberg, what a twat

1 Like

Surprised I haven’t heard much of Gen V. It’s a spin-off The Boys, so I assumed it would be disappointing as most spin-offs are, but actually really been enjoying it so far (2 episodes in).

Trial of James Bulgar is tonight on 5 if anyone’s interested.